Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with Home Page

Hi there,

I've been having a few problems with our site. On Friday as I was uploading I had a message pop up saying something along the lines of "unable to find search files" and then it would not upload any further.

I called actinic Technincal support and was told to compress the database and do a refresh but since then the Home page is reverting back to an old one from about three years ago on version 6 and not a complete one at that!

Can anyone help me as we're losing sales left right and centre and I haven't a clue where to start. Site is www.camera-shop.co.uk if you want to take a look at what I mean.

Vicki

It might sound silly - but are you sure that you published from the correct version of Actinic? (assuming that you still have a copy of V6 on your PC)

If that isn't what it is, then check the following

1) Are the products and orders on the site the up to date ones (and in the right sections etc)?
    If No then it's almost certain that you've published from either an old database (see point 2) or the wrong version of Actinic
    If Yes then find the your most recent backup (snapshot - you do make these don't you?) you took and open it using WinZip.
    Extract all the .html files from there and copy over your existing ones in your Site 1 directory and preview some pages - does that fix it?

2) Look in your Actinic Site 1 Folder and you should have 3 .mdb files
    - ActinicCatalog.mdb
    - Backup.mdb
    - Previous.mdb

Assuming you backup your database whenever you close Actinic, these will all have very recent timestamps.
    Close Actinic and...
    Rename ActinicCatalog.mdb as ActinicCatalog.old
    Then rename Backup.mdb as ActinicCatalog.mdb

Reopen Actinic and preview a page to see if it's using the correct templates and design etc.

*NB* If it does and you decide to use this version, be aware that it will not contain any of the orders that you downloaded since making that backup

Any other ideas from other forum members?

Jos
    Thanks

Jos Medinger

Tel : 01978 843 962
    www.internetology.co.uk
    Actinic / E-Commerce Hosting, Design & SEO

Comment

Don't know if this is relevant?

Have just noticed that when I preview the 'Home' Section, several warning screens come up titled 'An error has occured on the script in this page'

Could this be anything?

Vicki

Comment

have you done a site refresh?

try that, or ftp to the site and remove everything and do a new upload.

you need to be sure all the old stuff is gone to get a clean upload

Comment

Working...
        X