Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chmod Order Information on Server

Hi,

We noticed that the chmod on the orders on the server is set to "0200". We need to chmod the user permissions on the server for the orders for various reasons.

Where in the perl scripts do we change this?

Hi there

You don't change it in the perlscript, the hosting company should set the permission for the /acatalog/ folder to be 777. The orders should have a permission of "200", this is normal. What are the reasons for changing the order permissions?

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Excuse me, but chmod is found in the perl scripts.
      In ActinicCgiPath.pl, you will find a chmod command.
      It is also in PerlScript.pl, TestSettings.pl.
      It is also in the files, nq000001.pl and sts000001.pl.

We changed it from 0200 to 0644 in PerlScript.pl but it doesn't write the orders as 0644.

When a file is written, it generally uses the directory permissions. The Actinic files are owned by "http" and the Actinic program changes the permissions to 0200.

We need it for clientele reasons. We don't ask, we only provide what the client needs. Our client requested this, so we want to provide it.

Now, please kindly let me know how to do this mod.

Comment

Hi there,

Please do the following:

- open OrderScript.pl in the site1 folder

- find the following lines inside the 'sub RecordOrder'
        close COMPLETEFILE;
        ACTINIC::ChangeAccess('', $sTempFilename);

- change the second line in this way:
        ACTINIC::ChangeAccess('r', $sTempFilename);

- save the file and close it

- upload the site
        Please note, we set the permission of the order file to 0200 for security reasons. If the permissions are higher than this, then it may be possible for other users to download the orders.

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Originally posted by Blitzen
          Now, please kindly let me know how to do this mod.

You need to be aware that messing with order file permissions puts your client's customers' credit card information at risk, and potentially in breach of their merchant account terms and conditions.

As already mentioned, the implications are NOT fun... if this is a site without credit card orders, there are still privacy and other issues at the heart of making orders downloadable by another web user.. the only way round this is a dedicated server... which could be the case with your client...

regards

Greg

ps - I detected a touch of attitude in your reply - you need to be aware that people here help for free (mostly) - if you want their help, you need to lose that attitude or expect no answers.
          Web Design & Ecommerce - Affordable Web Hosting
          Free and low cost Merchant Accounts coming soon..
          NOD32 Antivirus - Reciprocal Links for Actinic Sites ONLY

Comment

I wasn't sure if it was attitude or english not being the first language.

We need it for clientele reasons. We don't ask, we only provide what the client needs. Our client requested this, so we want to provide it.
            The above can be tricky, but sometimes you have to be assertive and explain to the client why what they want to do is unadvisable. Would you go and stand in the middle of the M25 in fog if your client requested it?

Comment

yes - english is also tricky for those who use it as a first language!

It might not be attitude in the OP's response, so I read, and re-read the post before I replied - and I re-wrote my response too! I have also been known to be wrong... lol

We can all be guilty of snapping off quick responses which can be read, or mis-read as attitude, but after a bit more experience of doing these things, we get more adept at upsetting less people... or I think I do...

Have you ever noticed the vast numbers of flame wars in some of the "regular" web-site design forums? They are horrendous... and most often caused by either someone's ego being stomped by a long time mod with a god complex, or by a new member for any number of reasons. There are numerous reasons, but most often it's because someone gets upset with the response from another - so "tone" in responses is important - or the lack of it...

We ALL have to try to maintain a neutral tone in our responses - without it, we're just another online fight waiting to happen...

hth
              Web Design & Ecommerce - Affordable Web Hosting
              Free and low cost Merchant Accounts coming soon..
              NOD32 Antivirus - Reciprocal Links for Actinic Sites ONLY

Comment

Working...
              X