Showing a single product within category

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Showing a single product within category

We have different categories with a lot of products in each category, is there a chance to get a html code for a single product which is in a category so only a single product out of a category will be shown on the screen?

This is required by Kelkoo.

Due to the way Actinic creates the pages from the database and templates I think you will have to create a seperate section and paste a duplicate into each

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

So there is no chance to link to a single product page?

Comment

Hi there

Yes, what Jont has written is correct, a section in Actinic is a page. So a single product page, would be to have one section with one product.

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

But I can't create hundreds of sections or sub-sections for each single product, because these subsections will be visible as links, because actinic automacitally creates a link for a section.

Is there a chance to hide the section link on the main page but at the same time obtain a valid html page for "one single product"?

May I suggest for the next version that you remove the extendend info popup page and instead create a html page of a single product?

Comment

Hi Thomas,

But I can't create hundreds of sections or sub-sections for each single product, because these subsections will be visible as links, because actinic automacitally creates a link for a section.
            What theme are you using? Is it the SMART theme? Because that theme has a javascript which shows the section, as well as the subsection. What you could do, is to edit your "Act_Primary.html", and remove the javascript and in its place put in "NETQUOTEVAR:TOPLEVELSECTIONTOP". This will just shows the top levels without any subsection. You could also just hardcode the links yourself, thus 'hiding' some sections page.

May I suggest for the next version that you remove the extendend info popup page and instead create a html page of a single product?
            I will suggest this, but its going to be highly unlikely, as before v6, this was the most requested feature wanted from clients. So i doubt, if it will be removed in the next version. However a quick search of the forum will show you the following.
            Maybe this will be of help to you.

Kind Regards
            Nadeem Rasool
            SellerDeck Development

Comment

By grouping your products into sections, you can choose to only show the top level sectionm links on the main page, with sub-sections, each containing other subsections which are your individual product pages. Like this

http://egyptianwonders.co.uk/acatalo...tePapyrus.html

The only place all the links are shown is the site map.

hope this helps
              Bill
              www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
              Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
              BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
              Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
              VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
              Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

I can give you the setup I used to create extended info pages (see site) which was a little modification of the templates.

Email me off forum if you are interested. Must go now.
                http://www.johnsons-seeds.com - Actinic plugins, remote add to cart and custom CMS
                http://www.dtbrownseeds.co.uk - More seeds and plants....
                http://www.mr-fothergills.co.uk - Well it used to be Actinic...

Comment

Hi Thomas,

Just to echo what others have said about sub-sections containing the products. It is really easy to export a flat .csv file, use Excel to (a) duplicate the products (if needed), and (b) use concatenate command to put a sub-section in front of every product then re-import the flat file. It must be - I did it!

Anf (www.treatmentgels.co.uk)
                  Anf
                  New Year - new YOU!
                  (remove that cellulite before the summer comes - www.treatmentgels.co.uk)

Comment

I've just noticed that what you want this for is to feed Kelkoo. If you run the standard Actinic Froogle feed, and look at that file - what do you get? Each product should have a seperate line in the output file - even where there is more than one item on a page.

Open the feed file with excel and you can make the changes needed to comply with the Kelkoo feed requirements, or email the Actinic output to me and I will run it through a little dBASE app I wrote to automate the conversion.

It might help if you posted your shop url so we could look at the layout you have now - we might understand why you are having such a problem with this.
                    Bill
                    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
                    X