Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mozilla FireFox

One of my clients asks:
    Does your system allow me to start an order, archive it, and come back to it later. You know, a work in progress?

I said NO.
    He says:
    I feel compelled to say that would be a great feature, would let guys like
    me start a bid/design, modify it as the design progresses, print out the
    "budget estimate", and the close the order when ready. Your logo and info
    would be at the top of every page .. GOOD for business.. Also, it would let
    you capture data like client names, addresses, and more.

Also, your JAVA doesn't work with the new Mozilla FireFox (FireFox may
    overtake Explorer as a browser, a lot of folks are using it), it doesn't
    allow me to enter or modify quantities.

Any comments?

The cart does have a 'save' button that lets people save their shopping cart for later. You can also add it anywhere you want. See: http://knowledge.actinic.com/users/k...ut.html#aKB124

As for your javascript question, I'm not aware of any problems with firefox.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

I use Firefox and don't seem to have any problems - what problems are you finding?
      Cheers,

Ollie
      The Classic Network

Comment

Originally posted by mac
        One of my clients asks:
        Does your system allow me to start an order, archive it, and come back to it later. You know, a work in progress?

I said NO.
        You were wrong. Save cart is what you need, as others have pointed out.. however, it does NOT work as your client thought - saving a cart does not require the user to provide information about themselves... just have cookies turned on...

Originally posted by mac
        Also, your JAVA doesn't work with the new Mozilla FireFox (FireFox may
        overtake Explorer as a browser, a lot of folks are using it), it doesn't
        allow me to enter or modify quantities.

Any comments?
        You haven't installed the JVM then... that's standard...

http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
        Web Design & Ecommerce - Affordable Web Hosting
        Free and low cost Merchant Accounts coming soon..
        NOD32 Antivirus - Reciprocal Links for Actinic Sites ONLY

Comment

Should come as standared though - I thought, I may be wrong though
          Cheers,

Ollie
          The Classic Network

Comment

I've ditched IE for everyday use and use FF all the time, I've not experienced any issues with Catalog. (I also use Thunderbird as my email client)

The only website that FF can have a problem with in some of my online banking accts, I have to use IE to access them

Comment

FireFox now displays the vast majority of websites correctly in my experience - some v6 Actinic sites do look a pig in FF (mainly nested tables) but have yet to come across any v7 sites that do not look as anticipated

Bikster
              SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
                I've ditched IE for everyday use and use FF all the time, I've not experienced any issues with Catalog. (I also use Thunderbird as my email client)

The only website that FF can have a problem with in some of my online banking accts, I have to use IE to access them
                I've the same problem with FF and my online banking. It is giving me trouble with my shoppig cart aswell however. Might just be my machine, would someone mind adding something to the cart and proceed to checkout and see if you get an error message? [Don;t worry you don;t have to buy anything! ]

Site is http://www.pride.ie/

Thanks,

Shane
                www.pride.ie

Comment

Shaneod,

I just placed a test order on your site using firefox 1.0.3, win-XP-sp2 - worked fine...

regards

Greg

Comment

Thanks webyourbusiness zonealarm was playing havoc with my cart when using netscape and firefox for some reason.

However Firefox still won't link back to the recipt page.

Anyone else having trouble getting to your merchant receipt page using firefox?
                    www.pride.ie

Comment

are you using zonealarm free, or one of the paid versions?

In my experience, the paid versions have caused more problems than the free version and since xp-sp2 and with a hardware firewall, we've ditched ZA in favour of the inbuilt 'doze firewall (along with regularly maintained hosts files, and NOD32 Anti-Virus/Anti-Trojan).

regards

Greg

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I paid up for ZoneAlarm. doh.

However I've asked two other people to test my site using FireFox and no one can get back to my site from WorldPay using the "RETURN TO MERCHANT SITE" link on the last WorldPay page. Has anyone else had this problem with their Actinic site?
                        www.pride.ie

Comment

Are you saying that they could return to your site if they were using IE?

What is the error message / url when they click on that RETURN TO MERCHANT SITE link in Firefox? Or does nothing at all happen?

Jo

Comment

I just placed two orders, hit cancel on the worldpay site, then return to merchant site - both worked - one was IE and one firefox....

One thing I noticed, but it doesn't seem to be affecting things, is that your scripts have the extension .pl.cgi - why do you have a double extension?

Comment

Originally posted by johking
                              Are you saying that they could return to your site if they were using IE?

What is the error message / url when they click on that RETURN TO MERCHANT SITE link in Firefox? Or does nothing at all happen?

Jo
                              Hi Johking,

Yep, everything works fine with IE and Netscape.

Firefox works okay until you make a sucessful transaction, the reciept page link gets this error:

A General Script Error Occured
                              Error: The site configuration has been updated by the shop operator while you are checking out. Please navigate back to the product pages by pressing the browser Back button and try again or contact the site owner.

I've just had a customer complain that he couldnt get to the reciept page using Safari on OSX as well.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help

Shane
                              www.pride.ie

Comment

Working...
                              X