Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filenames Conflict - Additional Files

Hi All,

I have moved an extra file (custom image) from the Site1 folder and placed it in another directory. When I then add the file using the Advanced>Additional Files everything seems fine.

However, when uploading the site the following error occurs:

Some filenames conflict. All files being sent to the web site must have unique names. Please check the list of files in Advanced | Additional Files.

Some of the following files must be renamed before an upload can occur. Once the files are renamed, reselect them in the Actinic.

C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Sites\Site1\bc_images\logos\delta.gif
    C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Sites\Site1\delta.gif

Another post on the forum suggests that it is possible to ammend the ActinicCatalog.mdb database file to fix this. I can find a reference to the original file in the FileList table and have tried ammending the file path as well as removing the record completely. This does not seem to have the desired affect and the same details are added to the FileList table after an upload is tried - causing the same error message.

I don't really want to have to rename files when there might be a better solution. Does anyone know where the original reference to these files is and can they be ammended?

Many Thanks,

Billy

Hi Billy,

I think this is due to Actinic lumping everything on the server into the one folder (acatalog) hence it is seeing the delta.gif as identical files when merging to the same folder - best to leave the one in the Site 1 root and delete the one in the sub folder.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks for getting back to me, jont.

The same idea struck me so I took down all files from the (testing) server and tried again. Same error! This seems to be an inside-actinic-software issue. I think your solution might be the best work around for now, unless anyone else can shed some light on this problem?

Billy

Comment

You can change the files in the subfolder quickly if you have a batch folder and perhaps add a prefix so that the path will be subfolder\x-imagename.html
        In access change path for images with subfolder name from subfolder to subfolder\x-
        or sit for hours changing indiviudal file names..
        Have to do this many a time when people store their images in My documents.. that's a grip by the way.
        Jenny
        Hanson Web Design
        www.hansonwebdesign.co.uk
        jenny@hansonwebdesign.co.uk
        Actinic hosting, Actinic Software, template design and re-design

Comment

If it's the same image you will need to find out where it's being used in Actinic and make the link to just one of the images
          Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Originally posted by Jenny
            people store their images in My documents.. that's a grip by the way.
            Thats the beauty and beast of Windows - keeping all images in a default place is great for 99.9% of the time but a sod for breaking image paths and programs such as Actinic

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
            X