Finally getting somewhere with "Script produced no output" error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally getting somewhere with "Script produced no output" error

It seems this error is still plaguing us, however today by more fluke than anything I have managed to workout what is causing it.

For some reason if you place an order with the "remember me" option on the checkout ticked when you come back onto the website as a returning customer chances are you will hit the "Script produced no output" error.

Usually you would have to run through a couple of script pages such as view cart, checkout, cancel, add something to cart, checkout again etc but you can pretty much bank your life on seeing this error. As of now the only way to fix it is to delete your cookie from your computer.

As it seems to only be the "remember me" option (which adds much more info to the cookie) my idea is to comment out the checkbox and work without it however what i really need is to edit the scripts to remove the call to this saved data should it be present on the customers computer.

Can anyone
    a) Show me how to edit the scripts to remove the call to the saved data in the cookie (the data that is saved only when the remember me option is checked)

b) Suggest reasons why the "remember me" option could cause errors such as this - could javascripts running on the page potentially interfer?

Many thanks in advance for anyone that offers a comment or suggestion.

Hi there

What is the address of the website so I can have a look?

You could just try removing the 'remember me' checkbox from your site, so it does not cause any more problems.

To do this, go to Design | Text, click Goto, and enter Phase-0, ID-17, then just uncheck show for the highlighted line of text to remove the checkbox.

Comment

Working...
    X