Actinic admin from 2 computers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic admin from 2 computers

I'm installing for a store for soemone else and installing software for them to make updates and download orders themselves.

However, I also want to be able to make changes to the site myself from a different computer. Problem is that I need to have the updates site on my computer before I make any changes, otherwise any chages that they have made will be lost when I upload new files. Is there a simple way to do this through Actinic, or do I need to manually upload all files from the site before making changes?

Thanks,

J

If you are only making design changes by just editing Templates (the things that begin with "Act_..." then you can do this on a test system and send the new templates to the live system where they will be incorporated into the design at the next site update.

If you're making changes to Products, Orders or to Catalog's variables then you'll have trouble keeping these in sync with the live site.

Only really safe way (in my opinion) is to have an identical install of the same version of catalog and to copy the entire Site1 from the live site, make your changes while the live site does nothing, then copy your changes Site1 folder back on to the live system.

You also need to go into the Live systems Houskeeping / Security and copy and paste everything there to the Slave system (via a textfile is convenient). As this data is held in the Registry and not in SIte1.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
    X