VAT problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VAT problems

Areas of concern, I have 2 products at the moment that require VAT, (the rest are zero rated).

VAT was selected at the product level (17.5%), under business setting – Tax tab – tax by delivery address is selected. Finally under Design options – Miscellaneous – Display prices and display tax inclusive prices are ticked.

For some reason the VAT is not being applied to the product, what is going wrong, I have had to mark up the price to include VAT for the time being but need to sort this before other products which require VAT come on line.

One of the products in question

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Mash

Any ideas what may be causing this, is there another check box to select?
    Mash

Comment

Hi there

What do you have set up under View | Busieness settings | Tax? Are you including tax 1?

The easiest way to do this, would be to give the product in question a custom tax - and that custom tax amount would be the 17.5% you have calculated.
      ________

Comment

I have been distracted on other problems but I have to focus on this, do not want to go to far into the season before this is sorted.

Right under View | Busieness settings | Tax setting are as in the attached image.

Unsure how to do the custom tax amount equally unsure why that would be necessary it was calculating the tax on it!

Any help would be good, thanks.
        Attached Files
        Mash

Comment

Hi,

Looking at your image, you have actually renamed the 'No Tax Levied' Zone to 'VAT Tax Zone'. This zone will still not apply taxes. You should remove the countries from this zone and rename it back and create a new one for your tax zone and add the countries into that one. Then highlight this new zone and in the 'Taxes Levied in the ..... Zone' box select VAT. If you only ship to the countries in this zone then the 'No Tax Levied' option will never apply.

I hope this helps.
          Tracey
          SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks, that will no doubt sort this problem.

What does the "Allow exemption" do. Majority of the product are zero rated, there is always one or two!

Thanks for the help, setting it up at the mo.
            Mash

Comment

That is all working fine, which is excellent.

I am showing prices including VAT. How can I put a space between the price and the statement "Including VAT at 17.5%"

At the moment it looks like:

Price: £7.00Including VAT at 17.5%

It would be nice to have:

Price: £7.00 Including VAT at 17.5%

Pleased to sort this, thanks
              Mash

Comment

Hi,

What does the "Allow exemption" do.
                If you select this, a prompt will appear in the checkout to allow customers to exempt themselves from Tax1, they will have to enter a VAT exemption number.

How can I put a space between the price and the statement
                Go to 'Design | Text' and click on the 'Go To' button at the bottom of the window. Type 219 into the 'ID' field and click 'OK'. Put a space at the beginning of this prompt and click 'OK'. Then update your site.
                Tracey
                SellerDeck

Comment

Thank you worked a treat, M
                  Mash

Comment

Working...
                  X