X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Network Setup Errors...

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me what the beJeevers could be causing this:

The computer you specified as your mail server is not a valid mail (SMTP) server. Check the computer name or address and try again. If it fails again, then it is possible, you were locked out by a firewall program, or you don't have network connection to this server.
    Actinic Mail Test completed successfully
    server: passed
    connection: passed
    sockets: passed
    communications: failed
    authorisation: failed
    message: Actinic SMTP Authentication Module NOT available in this server! Please do 'Update WebSite and then Redo the Test
    I am using the same network parameters for all the sites. I just upgraded to 7.03 and now with any new site I get that error.

The only difference between the sites is the hostname it points to; the mail server never changes.

ArrrrrrrrrG

Eagle
    Isaiah 40:31But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew [their] strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; [and] they shall walk, and not faint.

Is the SMTP server working correctly and is working on any of the sites?
    Cheers,

Ollie
    The Classic Network

Comment

Originally posted by omulcock
      Is the SMTP server working correctly and is working on any of the sites?
      Yea, that is what is making me tear my already balding hair out, it is working fine on all the other sites, in fact, when you place a test order it sends the email out just fine....

Eagle
      Isaiah 40:31But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew [their] strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; [and] they shall walk, and not faint.

Comment

Is the box that says 'Username and Password required' checked under the email settings in Network Setup? If so, try unchecking it and see if that makes a difference.
        Cheers,

Ollie
        The Classic Network

Comment

Well just updated the website and re-ran the test from Network settings, and low and behold the test passed this time. Looks as though for some reason the scripts needed to authenticate the SMTP are not uploaded when you first run the Network Setup wizard.

Question: Maybe it's my issue with setting up a new site. The order that I usually set up a new site is:

Create New Site
          Import Snapshot from the selected product line.
          Advanced|Network Settings Wizard

Should I maybe change the order to include
          Create New Site
          Import Snapshot from the selected product line.
          (Web|Configure Web Site Details) thus running the Wizard from that dialog?

Thanks
          Eagle

Comment

Hi there

It dosent matter if you select Advanced|Network Settings Wizard, or (Web|Configure Web Site Details) thus running the Wizard from that dialog, they are the same thing.

Comment

Working...
            X