Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multi-user problems

Hi there

Actinic installed Multi-User for me on Wednesday - we tested viewing it etc. and checked that we could download orders on 2 PCs. One fundamental test we didn't do was actually inputting new products!

There is a bug at the moment (due to be fixed in the next release) whereby you can change products on PC2 but can only upload the site from PC1. We can live with that - the problem I have is that I can add a new product to Actinic but as soon as I try to add a new image or associated digital download file I get the error "The specified file does not exist".

This therefore makes multi-user in its current form about as useful as a chocolate fireguard!

Is there any way round this, have we set it up incorrectly, or do I have to wait until support opens on Tuesday?

Thanks in advance

You don't have to wait until Tuesday. We add products on PC2, PC3 and PC4 every day.
    When adding a product on PC2 when adding additional files PC2 needs to make sure it is looking for the additional files not on its own C: drive but on the Actinic MU installation on PC1 (assuming PC1 is the machine which holds the Actinic database).
    Mike Julien

www.wheesh.com

Comment

Multi user

Thanks for the quick reply.

I think I may be set up wrong then.

Every file on PC1 (The Main PC) is uploaded from C:\Documents\Actinic
      So every image and document can be found there.

If I use PC2 to upload a document for example the path is via the network -PC1\C:\Documents\Actinic so I am linking to the file on the main PC

If I want to call an existing file therefore I can't move it to the Actinic MU folder because the path won't be correct on PC1 any longer.

Hope you can understand that

Phil

Comment

Ours works because we have a slightly different setup.

Because of the problem of effectively only being able to upload from one machine (you can upload from more than one MU machine but it performs a full site refresh rather than an update) our setup is as follows.

Actinic MU Datafiles on PC1 (PC1 has the Sage Database as well as required for ActinicLink)

Site uploads are done from PC2 (On which we have mapped the PC1 data folder as "P:")

PC3 and PC4 also have the PC1 Actinic data folder mapped as "P:"

As a result any site amendments can be done on PC2, PC3 or PC4 as the path through the network is to "P:" in all cases.

So your solution should be to map the data drive rather than referring to it as "-PC1\C:\Documents\Actinic "
        Mike Julien

www.wheesh.com

Comment

Thanks Mike

I have the MU folder mapped so can open it etc. The problem is in adding images and documents. For some reason it says "The specified file does not exist".

This is even when I add them via a network link from PC1 where they are stored in. Logically this should work as when the main PC uploads it should be able to follow the network path.

If I drag what is my Actinic folder on the PC1 C drive to Actinic MU folder, I will be changing the path of every exisiting file on my current site. Instead of them being C:\Actinic\image1.jpg etc. they become C:Actinic MU\Actinic\image1.jpg etc

I guess I'll have to wait for support to reopen

Comment

Just a thought

Have you checked that the drive letter being mapped is the same on both PC's
            Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Working...
            X