1st Update Upload, Advice needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st Update Upload, Advice needed.

Howdy I've recently taken over the running of the web site for the company I work for and have never used Actinic before. I've been asked to update our front catalog page. I'm using using Actinic 7 Developer and Dreamweaver 4. I have updated the page within Dreamweaver but will Actinic upload it or will it go over it with its own page. Any advice on how to upload single pages from Actinic would be great.

Cheers

Chris.

It works like this. Actinic creates the shop pages and, if you have it set to produce the 'brochure' pages it will set those.

Now whether your page will be overwritten depends on whether a page of the same file name is created in Actinic and in the Actinic folder on the server.

It shouldn't overwrite any pages that don't get placed in the /acatalog/ folder on your server, such as your front page or others.

Actinic doesn't have a single page only feature, but will upload any changes it detects since that page was last uploaded.

If you want to send up a single non-Actinic page you would bebest to use a seperate FTP program. My favourite is Core FTP - fast, free and reliable.
    http://www.johnsons-seeds.com - Actinic plugins, remote add to cart and custom CMS
    http://www.dtbrownseeds.co.uk - More seeds and plants....
    http://www.mr-fothergills.co.uk - Well it used to be Actinic...

Comment

If you post a URL we might be able to help more.
      Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Updated page

The page I want to replace is as follows;

http://www.tdhgroup.co.uk/acatalog/Events_2005.html

so is a non-actinic page, just a linking page.

I have created a copy of the page that I have edited so if it goes wrong in theory I should be able to bring the backup back. I have pasted the html file into the Sites/site1/SiteHTML/ folder so will this update the site ready for upload?

Sorry to be a pain.

Comment

Firstly you should make a backup of your site by creating a ‘Snapshot’ ‘File | Snapshot | Export Site’ It also helps to make a copy of the folder the site is in.
          I've been asked to update our front catalog page.
          If you’re talking about just adding products, images and prices? Then you will do this inside Actinic. In the Catalog section, if you wanted to edit a page you find the section the product is in by clicking on the + sign down the left hand side, repeat this if need be to find the product. When you find the product, click it and a range of options will become available to you. Change what you need and click 'Update' up arrow button at the top. To do this, you DO NOT need Dreamweaver, all this is done by Actinic.

If you want to change to your own design or to add your own features to the 'Catalog' page, then to edit the 'Catalog' page within Dreamweaver, make sure the page your editing is named 'Act_Primary.html' and not index.html. This is the page Actinic requires you edit and when you upload, Actinic will generate index.html and any other required changes. What ever you change on 'Act_Primary.html' page will show on all pages within the site except the Brochure page. Check to see if the site is using a 'Brochure' page, this page is viewed by the customer before the 'Catalog' page and if it is, then you will have to edit 'Act_BrochurePrimary.html'

When you finished editing 'Act_Primary.html' in Dreamweaver, make sure you save your work, switch Programs to Actinic and from there you can upload the changes. Do this by clicking on the 'Update' arrow button or click 'Web | Update website'. This will upload any changes, if you want to upload the full site, click 'Web | Refresh website'.

Comment

Working...
          X