Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding jpg's as menu section title

Hi

I want to do something that should be quite basic: I want to add a section, but have a jpg shown in the menu box, as opposed to a 'text' listing.
    I havn't explained that very well, so here is the context: Underneath my left hand section menu (but within the menu box) I want to add some of my manufacturers logos, which then links to a section just with their products in it. Obviously I know how to add a section, but I don't know how to include the image, as opposed to text in the menu.
    Any help - greatly appreciated.

Thanks - Nick
    www.thperfectpad.co.uk
    Trying to squeeze my moneys worth out of V7 - but not for much longer!

Isn't your left hand navigation created on the fly with Javascript? So adding random images there is probably going to be impossible.

I would be wary of adding images to the left hand menu - at the moment the homepage sits nicely without a fold (scroll) - adding images may force this down and a vertical scroll which would be a shame. What about adding another box underneath "light up your life" with the manufacturers logo's there?

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Isn't your left hand navigation created on the fly with Javascript? So adding random images there is probably going to be impossible.
      Jonty's reply here is correct. I can't see a way to do this unless you hand code your navigation.

Comment

Too complicated - I'll find an easier solution!
        Thanks - Nick
        Trying to squeeze my moneys worth out of V7 - but not for much longer!

Comment

You can include section images in the javascript section list and I am sure the code is in the AUG.

This would be for all the sections.
          Owner of a broken heart

Comment

The Section image is available as Gary pointed out. E.g. in the generated Act_section_tree.js file you'll see:

section_tree[1].sImage = "section_image.gif";

You could display it conditionally by testing the image name for some meaningful letters. E.g. if it contains logo- then display it instead of the text. Here's some untested code that would do it.
            Code:
            <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" TYPE="text/javascript">
            <!--
            function YahooSections(ar)
            {
            var strIDs = '';
            for (var i=1;i<=ar.length;i++)
              {
              if (ar[i].sURL != null)
                {
                var sectionname = ar[i].sName;
                if ( ar[i].sImage.indexOf('logo-') > -1 ) sectionname = ar[i].sImage;  
                strIDs += '<a href="' + ar[i].sURL + '"><span class="actxxsmall"><b><font color="NETQUOTEVAR:FGCOLORCSS">' + sectionname + '</font></b></span></a><br>';
                  {
                  if (ar[i].pChild)
                    {
                    for (var j=1;j<=ar[i].pChild.length;j++)
                      {
                      if (ar[i].pChild[j].sURL != null)
                        {
                        sectionname = ar[i].pChild[j].sName;
                        if ( ar[i].pChild[j].sImage.indexOf('logo-') > -1 ) sectionname = ar[i].pChild[j].sImage;
                        strIDs += '<a href="' + ar[i].pChild[j].sURL + '"><span class="actxxsmall"><font color="NETQUOTEVAR:FGCOLORCSS">' + sectionname + '</font></span></a><br>';
                        }
                      }
                    }
                  }
                strIDs += '<br>'
                }
              }
            return strIDs
            }
            //-->
            </SCRIPT>
            Norman