Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing The Simple Search

Hi,

Can anyone help? I'm using the Smart Theme and have added a new lhs box in which I want to place a keyword search facility. The problem is that the search window and looking glass icon are bigger than the sidebar, so I get an elongated sidebar area with a little nick taken out of the graphic where it should end. One option would be to increase the size of the sidebar. I think I would do this in Act_Primary, making it bigger than the coded 150 pixels - can anyone confirm that this is what I should do?

However, what I would really prefer to do is change the keyword search so that the search icon appears below the keyword input window. This would mean I don't need to change the size of the sidebar. I'm guessing this would be done within Act_Simplesearch, but I'm not sure what to do. I would really appreciate some help on this.

Regards,
    Susan.

PS My first message on this forum. I've found the archived advice invaluable since starting to develop my site. Thanks to everyone who takes the time to contribute - hopefully one day I'll know enough to be answering questions instead of asking them!
    Susan.

www.CardsAtYourFingertips.co.uk
    Innovative and Original greetings cards for all occasions

Hi Susan,

welcome to the forum. You can alter the size of the table in the Act_Primary as you suggest or you could also edit the Act_SimpleSearch template and either remove the "search" icon (the user just hits enter) or you could move the "search" icon beneath the text box to allow everything to fit within you main box.

At the moment the SimpleSearch is laid out in 1 row of 2 columns...simply insert another row, copy the left hand cell down and delete the 2 right hand cells.. centre the remaining cells to give a balance layout. The code should look something like...

<!-- SIMPLESEARCH HTML BEGIN -->
    <table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 border=0>
    <form name=simplesearch action="NETQUOTEVAR:SEARCHCGIURL" METHOD="NETQUOTEVAR:CGIMETHOD">
    <tr>
    <td align=left valign=middle noWrap> <div align="center">
    <input type="TEXT" name="SS" size="15" maxsize="125" value="NETQUOTEVAR:QUICKSEARCHLABEL" onFocus="this.value='';this.style.background='#FFFFFF'">
    &nbsp; </div></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td align=left valign=middle noWrap>
    <!-- <input type=SUBMIT name=ACTION value="NETQUOTEVAR:QUICKSEARCHBUTTONTEXT"> -->
    <div align="center">
    <input type="image" border="0" name="ACTION" src="quicksearch.gif" alt="NETQUOTEVAR:QUICKSEARCHBUTTONTEXT">
    <input type=HIDDEN name="PR" value="-1">
    <input type=HIDDEN name="TB" value="A">
    <input type=HIDDEN name="SHOP" value="NETQUOTEVAR:SHOPID">
    </div></td>
    </tr>
    </form>
    </table>
    <!-- SIMPLESEARCH HTML END -->

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks - that worked perfectly. I'm still at the stage where I'm nervous about changing the templates. I'm sure if I start meddling the whole thing will self destruct, given half a chance!

Susan.
      Susan.

www.CardsAtYourFingertips.co.uk
      Innovative and Original greetings cards for all occasions

Comment

Working...
      X