Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating Accounts

Hello All!

I am having some trouble with accounts on my site.

I am using the Best sellers theme and on the top right I have a button called "Sign In". If you click on it; it takes you to a page where you can login in if you have an account.

I have no idea where someone creates an account and password.

Can anyone tell me the benefit of this and/or where a customer would go to create an account?

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers!
    Kevin

Hi there

Im afraid it is not possible at the moment for customers to create customer accounts online whilst browsing the site, there is a work around described here, that involves creating a product that simulates the registration process.

Hope that helps

Comment

OK!

If that is the case - is it safe for me to remove the "Sign In" button altogether if we decide to go that route?

Can I remove the "NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBLOGIN" from my custom design altogether in order to accomplish this?

If I decide to go another route - can you tell me which page to edit to put a little notice on the Login Page about how accounts are created? I am using a customized "Best sellers" theme.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!
      Kevin

Comment

Hi Kevin

A simple way to remove the login button, is to go to Design | Options | Navigation, and remove the 2 images for the Login Icon.

If you wanted to add some text to the login page, you can simply edit the Act_LoginPage.html template to do this, this template is found in the site1 folder.

Comment

Thanks James

If we decide to go with creating accounts (as described in your previous link) is there any way we can keep a custom "Addtocart.gif" instead of the text button.

I have created a new button to fit the look of the site and need to be able to keep this as it really works with the design.

Thanks again!

Cheers!
          Kevin

Comment

Hi there

is there any way we can keep a custom "Addtocart.gif" instead of the text button.
            You can use you're custom add to cart button by going to Design | Options | Shop defaults, and where it is set for the add to cart button to use text, simply change it to imgae - then browse to you're add to cart image you have created.

Hope that helps

Comment

Hello All!

I am wondering if anyone cna help me with an issue while creating accounts.

I was told ot look in the knowledge base for how to create a "register accoutn" product. Link is below.

http://knowledge.actinic.com/users/k...67.html#aKB645

I am wondering if it is possible for a customer to still submit this product and have it process without submitting credit card information - when the payment section is set at credit card only? i.e. can they still submit this account product without entering any credit card information?

Any help on this topic is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!
              Kevin

Comment

If a product has zero value, then the payment stuff online is disabled - and customers will go straight through to the receipt after entering their address etc.

Comment

Thanks Chris

Is there a way to make this "account" be the very first thing on the store main page? Before the product sections?

Cheers!
                  Kevin

Comment

Is there a way to make this "account" be the very first thing on the store main page? Before the product sections?
                    Yes.

Go to 'Design | Options | Sections' and 'Default Location and Arrangement of Section Lists' to 'Bottom'. This will place the list of sub-section links underneath the product on the front page.

Then you need to go into each of your top-level sections and go to the 'Layout' tab. In 'Location and Arrangement of Section List' select 'Override Default Settings' and set List Placement to 'Top'.

Comment

Perfect!

Thanks Chris!

Comment

Hi all

Have followed the above advice and have got this working in that it's now at the top of the first shop page (rather than keep dropping to the bottom!), but it looks messy.

Can you not just have wording such as "Would you like to register for an account?" and just the button the customer clicks to start the process? At the moment I can't see the wood for the trees and it seems they are ordering a quantity of 1 - looks a bit odd. Can you get rid of this?

And presumably unless all your "add to cart" etc buttons are images, you can't just have this one product with a nice image - is it an all or nothing situation?

TIA - Helen the now very grey and tired one!

Comment

Hi there

What is the address of you're website so I can have a look at the way you have created the register now feature.

The quantity field is required, so that would need to be displayed on the product page.

The settings within Actinic can enable you to have all products using the same image button, or have a button with text in.

To get one particular product to have a different button, it would require it having a different productline template, as well as a hardcoded add to cart button image.

Comment

Hi James

Thanks for getting back - it's not live yet as it looked so bad I didn't want it on-line!

It's basically got a bold question - Would you like to register for an account? -aligned with this on the right is the quantity box. Under this is the text button which I've changed to read "Yes, please".

It looks messy - if the "Yes,please" button aligned with the Would you like to register? question, it would be acceptable. It's the quantity box that throws the whole thing and makes a mess of it.

From the point of view of a consumer, I too would think this looks a right mess when you see other sites with a simple hyperlinked question that takes you straight to the registration form. From what I gather, actinic cannot work like this.

Methinks I shall have to bypass the actinic way of doing it and try to replicate the procedure using a hyperlink going to a form.

Thanks muchly anyway - Regards, Helen

Comment

Working...
                            X