No announcement yet.

Adding Products using Part Number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good idea but unfortunately rather impractical like that, our site would generate a 6.5MB webpage!
    Not that much. Only 100K in fact! It's only a 10 byte overhead per product + the length of the product reference. So with a 10 char product ref. and 5000 products you'd have only 100K or so on the page.

Each product line would generate something like

add('NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREFERENCE');

Where add is a javascript routine that adds a line to the product reference array. That's all that you'd need. Everything else in the template would be commented out.
    To save space you'd have a dummy first product containing <script language="JavaScript"> and the final product that does the work would have the </script> tag.

Norman

p.s. I've already implemented something like this that generated an <OPTION> tag for each product, allowing the desired product to be selected from a drop down list.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

I have been looking for the same thing, possibly my post that you refer to neil.

I had dabled a bit but actinic got upset when it came to add it to the basket, it highlighted the qty in red and stated a number between 1-32462 (or something like that) must be entered and when you tried to add a different qty it bounced back with the same error.

I must admit i know very little about java script

Cheers
      Darren

Comment

Working...
      X