Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Special Offers

Hi,

I want to show a "special offer" on my site where prices are reduced for a period of time. I would like to show the original price, possibly "struck out" and the new reduced price ... possibly with the wording "special price" in red.

I don't mind if I have to enter all the "old" prices by hand ... but it would be nice if they could be derived from the new price programatically.

Can someone please point me in the right direction as to where to start with this ?

Thanks

Paul

Originally posted by PaulEm
    Hi,

I want to show a "special offer" on my site where prices are reduced for a period of time. I would like to show the original price, possibly "struck out" and the new reduced price ... possibly with the wording "special price" in red.

I don't mind if I have to enter all the "old" prices by hand ... but it would be nice if they could be derived from the new price programatically.

Can someone please point me in the right direction as to where to start with this ?

Thanks

Paul
    Hi Paul

A simple way of doing this is by using the <stike> and </strike> tags. For example include the following:
    !!<<font color="#FF0000"><strike>£12 </strike></font>>!!
    which displays the old crossed out price in red.

Kind regards
    Karen
    Kind Regards
    Karen

Charmed Cards & Crafts

Comment

Thanks Karen,

I've done something silar within the templates and have got the result I wanted. I appreciate your reply.

Paul

Comment

Try this. In your Product Details / Layout there's a Price Prompt field. If left blank the default of "Price:" is used. If you put e.g.

Was <s>£12.50</s> now:

in there you'll get a struck out old price displayed.

If you want to extend this to show your current price in red (for such items only) then you'll have to edit ActProductPrice.html and replace NETQUOTEVAR:COST with
        NETQUOTEVAR:COST</font>

Then set the Price Prompt to

Was <s>£12.50</s> now:<font color=red>

This will generate mildly invaid HTML on your normal products as there will be an isolated </font> tag but this won't have any consequences.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Paul - your prices can be worked out within Actinic - assign the products to a group and then under Discounts & Surcharges set the value and type of discount against that group - you can also specify date restrictions to offer over say the month of April only

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
          X