Inserting into the navigation bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do apologise for bombarding the forum, but I need help on how to insert data into the navigation & header bar.

I am using a clean layout and want several small tables and graphics to appear in the navigation bars on the home page (i.e. the sidebars containing the navigation buttons), as well as other graphics in the header bar.

The only thing I have managed to do is insert text into the left-hand side, inserting a small table distorts the bar and fills up the entire page (although width and height were set appropriately). I can find no way of accessing the right-hand side bar, (on the home and brochure pages) nor the header bar where the company logo resides. I have tried experimenting with all templates, and text inserted into the templates by me appear either below or above the header bar (not within it), or in the main body.

Also, I have a "Quick Search" component residing in the narrow pane between the header and the main body of the "shop" page. There is none on the home and brochure pages, and again I cannot find a way to do it. I have tried to replicate the original but to no avail.

Please help.

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards
    Karen
    Kind Regards
    Karen

Charmed Cards & Crafts

Re my original post I have managed to populate the header and left navigation bar. The right-hand side bar eludes me however, so I would appreciate if some kind soul out there could tell me how to insert ANYTHING into it. Presently I have just an empty bar which looks terrible.

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards
    Karen
    Kind Regards
    Karen

Charmed Cards & Crafts

Comment

Please disregard the last post, just discovered where the insert needs to be.

Kind regards
      Karen
      Kind Regards
      Karen

Charmed Cards & Crafts

Comment

How did you do it Karen
        vernon
        Beer is a sign that God wanted us to be happy

Comment

I am using a clean layout. If you look at act_brochureprimary (or act_primary) and scroll down to the bottom of the page, you will see where the final table insert is. You need to insert whatever you want just before the </td> tag, i.e:

<td valign="top" width="150" background="palette3bg.gif">&nbsp;

<!-- Your inserts-->

</td>
          </tr>
          </table>

Quite obvious when you look at it now, but I just couldn't see the wood for the trees

Kind regards
          Karen
          Kind Regards
          Karen

Charmed Cards & Crafts

Comment

Working...
          X