Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue Genesis Email Sever Problem

Hi,
    I'm using bluegenesis.ca for hosting this site. When I set the email up it gives me the following message.
    "The computer you specified as your mail server is not a valid mail (SMTP) server. Check the computer name or address and try again."

I have put this email in my Outlook Espress, WORKS FINE! Tried it in Actinic with password & without.

I contacted them, but they weren't much help.
    Here is "what they said"

Please indicate which settings have you used for email client. We have tested your email account extensively, and sending email (as well as receiving) functions properly.
    The correct default settings should be:
    Email address: diana@flowers-baskets-roses.com
    User/Account name: diana.flowers-baskets-roses.com
    SMTP server: mail.flowers-baskets-roses.com
    POP3 server: mail.flowers-baskets-roses.com
    In case your ISP requires using their own SMTP server, you should set port to 1025 instead of default port 25.

This is a big company maybe someone else has had this problem?

I don't know what to do here, at a dead end. This is the first time I've ever had this problem.
    Regards,
    Randy

Hi Randy,

Has this been working before then? If so, then what has changed on your pc? Have you installed a new firewall software? If nothing has changed on the pc, then i wonder if the hosting company has changed anything on their site.

I would double check, in "View Business Settings | Company/Contact", the email address here is set to: diana@flowers-baskets-roses.com
    In "Advance | Network Settings" for "Email Settings", you have the following setup:

SMTP Server: mail.flowers-baskets-roses.com
    Username and Password Required is ticked
    Username: diana.flowers-baskets-roses.com
    Password: <Same password you have written for outlook express>

Please advise

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
    X