Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicate Product Lines

Hi All,

I have a situation wherein I need to use the same product line from one site in another site.

Thinking logically, I thought well just export the product catalog from the existing site and import it back to the new site. WRONG!

When I did that it totally messed up the new site. No brochure page, no site map, tax structure was all wrong yada yada yada, so I had to restore the new site snapshot.

How do I export only the products from one site and then import them to another site.

I used the hierarchical export and import selecting "replace" when I imported back in. Should I have used update instead? If I use the update how will that affect the customvars etc. Really wish there was an easier way to just get the products out to a flat file.

By the way, yes, each site uses a different theme, so I can just use the snapshot from the existing site to the new site.

I am using developer 7.03
    and for some reason the upload is not working on the community attachments, getting a 404 error when I click the upload, so the best I can do to show the faileditems.txt is to link to it.

Failed Items

Thanks
    Eagle
    Isaiah 40:31But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew [their] strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; [and] they shall walk, and not faint.

!!! BUMP !!!

Doesn't anyone have any idea what would need to be done to take one product line from one site and import it to another?

What am I missing guys and gals...

Eagle
    Isaiah 40:31But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew [their] strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; [and] they shall walk, and not faint.

Comment

Albert. You'll like this:-

If you have more than one Site on the same system you should be able to Copy the product to the clipboard (just right-click and Copy), switch sites and Paste it in there. You can even do this with groups of Products, entire Sections, etc.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel
        Albert. You'll like this:-

If you have more than one Site on the same system you should be able to Copy the product to the clipboard (just right-click and Copy), switch sites and Paste it in there. You can even do this with groups of Products, entire Sections, etc.
        Sir Rouxel as usual you come up with the solution. Thank you so much for that. Did you by chance look at my FailedItems.txt? I got the same errors whenever I copy and pasted the items to the new store. Perplexing...

Thanks
        Eagle

Comment

Did you by chance look at my FailedItems.txt
          Not my area of expertise but it looks like you've got different Tax settings set between these sites. So I'd have a look at View / Business Settings / Tax.
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel
            Not my area of expertise but it looks like you've got different Tax settings set between these sites.
            Norman,
            Yes you are correct I do have different tax settings between the sites, I guess what I am missing is why would it matter if one is only copying the products not the entire structure or are the products some how tied to the tax tables as well.

Eagle

Comment

Hi there

The tax details do come from the product as well. So on some product level you will can set the tax to be exempt, while other product can use the default tax which is setup in "View | Business Settings | Tax". So the products and tax are tied up.

Kind Regards
              Nadeem Rasool
              SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
              X