Deleting products query.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deleting products query.

Not sure if anyone may have mentioned this before but when you delete a product from actinic in the catalog does it remove it from the website when you upload/refresh the content or does the product information (image) stay there.

A client of ours has an online store and has a full size digi photo of about 1024x768 for every product and is adding and removing products on a daily basis.

So will these photos still be saved on her website in the acatalog folder or are they deleted?

I don't currently have access to her site or catalog so im unable to check but am just wondering because they will be taking up quite a large amount of space on her server.

Regards
    Andrew
    Hope is a good thing, Not a bad thing, Maybe the best of things.

As far as I am aware, all uploaded images remain on the server once uploaded unless you takes independent steps to delete them.
    I think version 7 has a facility to completely wipe the site and start again, but not currently using it so can't be sure

Martin

Comment

Hi there

Actinic does not remove the unused product image from the website I'm afraid. So this does require the user to manually remove this.
      Version 7 simply has a function which deletes the .cat and .fil files from the server as well as the pc, then it regenerates these files. It also got the ability to delete the perlscripts and restore the original ones. I'm afraid it does not have the ability to completely wipe off the whole site, unless you talking about "Test Mode", in which case Actinic will upload into a test folder, then when you go to "Production Mode", Actinc simply deletes the test folder.

Kind Regards
      Nadeem Rasool
      SellerDeck Development

Comment

Cheers for the help lads.

Didn't think actinic did delete the files from the server but I wasn't really sure.
        Hope is a good thing, Not a bad thing, Maybe the best of things.

Comment

Working...
        X