X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping and Weight Issue

Hi,

I can't get my head around this - any ideas, please?-

I have a group of items weight 2kg - shipping £6.95 fixed charge(this needs to be capped whatever the weight)

Another group at 3kg - shipping £9.75 fixed charge (capped whatever the weight)
    Another group free shipping (which I can put at Zero cost)

I do not want either of the costed shipping groups to exceed the values stated whatever the size of the order (they need to remain at £6.95 and £9.75 respectively)

How do I account for this in the excess weights area at the bottom right hand corner of shipping?

Ideas welcome

Hi,
    No response as yet - any ideas, please???

Cheers

Comment

What about ordering one of each of these items? This will NOT work out... unless you think of the following:

you have to create a custom weight table - forget the real values you have - they are need to be replaced with arbitrary figures to force the behaviour you are attempting to have modelled.

Something like:

Item 1 - 2kg items - set weight to be 0.01kg
      Item 2 - 3kg items - set weight to be 1.00kg
      Item 3 - free shipping items - set weight to be 0.00kg
      Weight/postage table:
      0.00kg $0.00
      0.99 kg $6.95
      1.00 kg $9.75
      excess rule - take highest value

Now, if someone orders the zero shipping items, their basket weighs 0.0kg (no weight, and no shipping charges) - if they order 1-99 of the 2kg items, the basket weight less than 1kg and $6.95 is charges, now if they order 1 or more of the 3kg items, their basket weighs 1.00kg or heavier and they are charged $9.75.

If this all falls apart when they order 1 of each, you should charge shipping inclusive prices and forget using tables.
      Web Design & Ecommerce - Affordable Web Hosting
      Free and low cost Merchant Accounts coming soon..
      NOD32 Antivirus - Reciprocal Links for Actinic Sites ONLY

Comment

Thanks, I will try this out and see what happens

Comment

The above suggestion depends on how many of the 2kg items are likely to be bought - you could set the weight of the 3kg items at something like 99999kg so matter how many of the 2kg items are bought they are unlikely to ever reach the weight trigger - although if they did buy that many you could buy a truck and deliver yourself

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
          X