Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same Proucts Diffrent Sizes

If I have a bottle of water in 10 Litres 5 Litres & 1 Litre
    what I wanted to do is display the under the product description in maybe a table and give them the choice to buy either 1 or all 3, so I need to have 3 add to cart butons all the same. I would also need to close up the space to make it all compact reather than on product take up the whole screen
    Beer is a sign that God wanted us to be happy

Originally posted by vernonmpurcell
    If I have a bottle of water in 10 Litres 5 Litres & 1 Litre
    what I wanted to do is display the under the product description in maybe a table and give them the choice to buy either 1 or all 3, so I need to have 3 add to cart butons all the same. I would also need to close up the space to make it all compact reather than on product take up the whole screen
    Hi Vernon,
    I don't know if this would work for you, but I would set it up as list of items, with the quantity next to the item. Then the customer would choose from the list:

1 - 10 Litres
    2 - 5 litre
    10 - 1 litre

Then have one add to cart button at the bottom of the list.

This would be similar to the "ribbon" example that is in the trial copy...

Eagle
    Isaiah 40:31But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew [their] strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; [and] they shall walk, and not faint.

Comment

Same Products Diffrent Sizes

I dont know what you mean The customer could choose one or more of the the products or all three but I dont know how to put the three products together but keep them seperate as they can be difftrent sizes. You can see what I have done in my website which is not designed in actinic
      www.carpetcleaningworld.com/qd000000.html
      Vernon

Comment

I would set up the product and then set up attributes (call it available sizes) and choices (choice1 could be 1 liter, choice2 could be 5 liters etc.) within that product. When setting up the attribute you can choose to display the choices as Push Buttons...this will give each choice its' own add to cart button.
        Cindy

Girl Scouts of Huron Valley Council
        Ann Arbor, Michigan

Comment

Originally posted by cbourque
          I would set up the product and then set up attributes (call it available sizes) and choices (choice1 could be 1 liter, choice2 could be 5 liters etc.) within that product. When setting up the attribute you can choose to display the choices as Push Buttons...this will give each choice its' own add to cart button.
          I agree that you could do it this way as well however I think that it would be harder on the customer if he wants let's say 1 10 litre, and 2 5 litre, he would have to add the 10 litre, then go back and add the 5 litre selection. If you use the list you would be able to select the quantity for each, then click once to add them all to the cart at the same time.

Eagle
          Isaiah 40:31But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew [their] strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; [and] they shall walk, and not faint.

Comment

Hi there
            I know I can set up 3 diffrent products like the snap shot but it takes up the whole screen. If I could set it up like the on I have on my site already that was not done in Actinic can you have a look at our site to see what needs to be achived

Comment

Hi there
              I know I can set up 3 diffrent products like the snap shot but it takes up the whole screen. If I could set it up like the on I have on my site already that was not done in Actinic can you have a look at our site to see what needs to be achived
              Vernon,
              Then me thinks the way to go would be as Cindy suggested. You could always modify the html for that product to remove the seperator lines, and shrink up the spacing in between the choices and create a table to put all the different sizes in as well with my idea. Just a thought.

I think just for practice I am going to look into modifying the HTML for that screen shot and see what I can come up with. I just like to "play" with things like this, keeps me on my toes...

Eagle

Comment

It was so easy after I learned how to do it in Qdcat which was the package I did my first site in. But It does not have all the back office that Actinic does
                It does the tables for you , well nearlly.
                Vernon
                Using Actinc for 2 weeks

Comment

You can do what your other site does using pretty standard Actinic techniques.

You can use a Fragment to show the image and description of the overall product.

Then follow it with several real products, 1 for each pack size. These products contain just a name and price. You use a custom Template for these products that displays them as a single line table across the screen.

http://www.fidelitydj.co.uk/acatalog..._Way_Back.html uses something similar.

You can also set your page to have a Single Add to Cart button which lets a customer buy lots of products with one click.
                  Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                  Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

I got all that Norman, it is looking good how do close up the gaps between dhort discription and the price
                    Vernon

Comment

Without seeing your pages that's hard to answer.
                      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Its Just a standard template but I used the fragmnet to start the first product with jpgs then used products with discriptions to create the 1kg 2kg & 3Kg without jpgs but the spacing description price quantity and cart image needs to be squezzed a little I have seen a site with the spaces closed up here is their Url http://www.wallplates.co.uk/acatalog...allplates.html
                        Any ideas
                        Vernon
                        www.carpetcleaningworld.com

Comment

Its Just a standard template but I used the fragmnet to start the first product with jpgs then used products with discriptions to create the 1kg 2kg & 3Kg without jpgs but the spacing description price quantity and cart image needs to be squezzed a little I have seen a site with the spaces closed up here is their Url http://www.wallplates.co.uk/acatalog...allplates.html
                          Any ideas
                          Vernon
                          www.carpetcleaningworld.com
                          Vernon,
                          What is the URL of the "new" actinic store that you are working on?
                          The url that you give above goes to the "old" store...

Thanks
                          Eagle

Comment

I am working on it now havent uploaded it yet
                            but the link to the Wall Plate Switch company has a simulars product layout as I would like. That is for products will 2 or more sizes to sell
                            can you look at there url http://www.wallplates.co.uk/acatalo...Wallplates.html
                            Vernon

Comment

Hi Vern,
                              As Norman had suggested it would be real helpful if we could "see" what you are asking. If there is someway to upload at least what you have then I might have a better idea of what you are looking at in Actinic. I have looked over the wallplates, and your existing and have a general idea.

Thanks
                              Eagle

Comment

Working...
                              X