Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Additional Info' boxes taking an age to pop up

Hi

My 'More Details' pop ups are taking an age to 'pop up'. I guess much of this is to do with the size of image (I try to have them fairly big). I'm worried that this might be off putting for customers as, to be honest, i'd soon lose patience if I was trying to browse through. It might be that they are just slow on my PC, but I doubt it.

I had thought about changing my template so that my thumbnails are larger, maybe alleviating the need to view a larger image?

Any thoughts on this or how to speed up the pop ups would be appreciated.

Cheers

Nick
    www.theperfectpad.co.uk
    Trying to squeeze my moneys worth out of V7 - but not for much longer!

Nick, had a look at a few popups. Most were ok but the image size on for example bubblogroup was 127177kb. huge!!! lovely quality when it finally came down on broadband. Can't you optimise them without losing too much clarity but certainly reduce the file size.
    Jenny
    Hanson Web Design
    www.hansonwebdesign.co.uk
    jenny@hansonwebdesign.co.uk
    Actinic hosting, Actinic Software, template design and re-design

Comment

It looks like some images are being saved with no JPEG compression.

E.g. the Flower Melamine Placemats popup image is 215Kb. If I download that image and re-save via Paint Shop Pro with a JPEG factor of 25 (which produces good quality website images) that image becomes 35Kb.

If you have Photoshop you may want to look at its Save For Web feature as this will help show how various compressions look.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks for this - I'll get busy with photoshop!
        Nick
        www.theperfectpad.co.uk
        Trying to squeeze my moneys worth out of V7 - but not for much longer!

Comment

Nick,
          you may find batch processing a help, that's if they all will go down to the same resolution.
          Have fun
          Jenny
          Hanson Web Design
          www.hansonwebdesign.co.uk
          jenny@hansonwebdesign.co.uk
          Actinic hosting, Actinic Software, template design and re-design

Comment

See http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=11309 for a discussion on batch resizing. You could sort your images by size (via Windows Explorer), copy only the big ones to a spare folder and test batch resizing on these copies.
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
            X