Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with basket link for duplicate product (original hidden)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with basket link for duplicate product (original hidden)

Has anyone noticed that the basket link for a duplicate product doesn't work if the original product is hidden or is in a section which is hidden?

When clicking the link, I get the search results back saying:

The specified product reference (134.01133.10) couldn't be found.

Please wait for your browser to forward you to the next page or click here.
    This then bounces to an error page reading:

A General Script Error Occurred

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Error: The input is NULL
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Press the Browser back button and try again or contact the site owner.
    I do have index duplicates checked in the search settings!

If the original product is not hidden, the regular quick search results show both products. The link in the basket takes you to the original product.

Does anyone know of a fix so that you can have the original hidden and be able to click the link in the basket? Its quite handy to have a link back to the specifics of a product in the basket.

If its not possible to get it working, how does one go about removing the link?

Many thanks!
    Jonathan

Hi there

What version are you using, I'm am using 7.0.3 and can do this. If you are on version 7.0.1, then i would suggest in you upgrading, as this seems to be fixed for 7.0.3

Please advise

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Thanks for your reply...

I'm using 7.0.2. I downloaded the patch to upgrade to 7.0.3 but have been putting off installing it!

Will have a go and see what happens.

Thanks,
      Jonathan

Comment

Hi Jonathan,

Hmm bizarrely it works for me I can add the product and checkout, i am using Internet Explorer. It possible it could be a corrupted session file, try going to "Help | Troubleshooting" and click on "Purge Session File".
        Be careful, if some customers are on your site, then you will empty their basket, best to do this at night.

Additionally, there is a slight problem post login with a security warning "this page contains..."
        This is caused if you have hardcoded an image which is referring a straight link like http://www.domain.com/acatalog/image1.gif. Therefore you are trying to show an insecure image on a secure website.

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi Nadeem,

I'm not having any problem getting to the checkout - the problem is that the product link in the basket doesn't take me to the product when clicked.

Comment

Hi there

Sorry for that, yes i can now recreate the issue on a default site. It looks like this is a bug within the software, am now passing on details to the developers. I will post here if a workaround can be found.

Kind Regards
            Nadeem Rasool
            SellerDeck Development

Comment

Glad its not just me

Regarding the other issue of the IE "This page contains..." message after logging in:

Originally posted by Nadeem
              This is caused if you have hardcoded an image which is referring a straight link like http://www.domain.com/acatalog/image1.gif. Therefore you are trying to show an insecure image on a secure website.
              I was aware of this - and double checked the templates involved:

Act_Primary_Login
              Act_Primary
              Act_SimpleSearch (I had an image for the seach submit)

None had images with straight links. So, I removed all images in the templates - shim.gif - the lot! and it still happens Have I missed something?

Comment

Hi there

One thing to try is, go to "Advance | Template Manager | Other Pages" and click on "Bounce Page". See if there is any hardcoded image here or anything hardcoded as in contains "http://"

Kind Regards
                Nadeem Rasool
                SellerDeck Development

Comment

Just checked... it only has "NETQUOTEVAR:BOUNCEMESSAGE" in it. The warning only seems to occur with IE... I tried logging in with Firefox and there was no warning?

Any news from the developers about a possible solution to the problem with the basket link for duplicate products?

Comment

Hi there,

I'm afraid there is no workaround for this bug as the moment, it will be fixed in a later release.

The following is a fix to remove the hyperlink to show the product name in the shopping cart grid.

You need to edit ActinicOrder.pm.

Search for $sProdLinkFormat, you should see...

my $sProdLinkFormat = "<A
                    HREF=\"$::g_sSearchScript?PRODREF=%s&NOLOGIN=1$sShop\">%s</A>";

replace with...

my $sProdLinkFormat = "%s";
                    Kind Regards
                    Nadeem Rasool
                    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
                    X