Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Section Background

Hi

In all of my sections, I just have a simple black background. However, in one section I wish to use a tiled image. Is there any way I can do this?

thanks in advance people!!
    still thinking of one...

I don't know directly how ypu could do this, but one option is to insert a table with your chosen background. If you are inserting into a fragment your table will not fill the entire space but with a border around the table it looks quite good. Try it and see

Kind regards
    Karen
    Kind Regards
    Karen

Charmed Cards & Crafts

Comment

yeah.. that could be an idea worth playing with.

May I ask KarenBM, would you mind giving me the URL of your site so I can take a look at how you went about it please?
      still thinking of one...

Comment

Call me Karen (already a Karen here so I had to add the additional letters)

I have yet to publish my site but an example of a table with 2 columns and 2 rows is:

!!<<table border="2" width="100%" style="border-color: #999933" background="yourBackground.gif"
        <tr>
        <td width="50%">INSERT WHAT YOU WANT IN THE FIRST CELL</td>
        <td width="50%">INSERT IN SECOND CELL</td>
        </tr>
        <tr>
        <td width="50%">INSERT IN THIRD CELL</td>
        <td width="50%">INSERT IN FINAL CELL</td>
        </tr>
        </table>>!!

Hope that works for you.

Kind regards
        Karen
        Kind Regards
        Karen

Charmed Cards & Crafts

Comment

Oh I see... you're coding it straight into the Actinic interface. I thought you were playing about in Act_Primary.html - (which might I add, I spent a good couple of hours doing last night - didn't get me anywhere, apart from images half tiled across the top of my page / images half tiled down the right hand side / images completely filling the small space contained within the border of my shopping cart QTY applet!! - Oh, I did discover one useful thing: how to give your cart QTY applet a small framed border. It has the nice effect of lifting it slightly from the plain background of the page..)

Thank you anyway Karen - Don't hold back on any other design tips you may have, who knows what I might discover the next time I'm attempting to implement one of them?!?!
          still thinking of one...

Comment

Yes this is directly into a fragment. I used fragments entirely to populate the brochiue pages. Inserting into Act_primary will surely affect all the pages in your shop?

I have also played around extensively with the templates. I am in my final year for a degree in IT and Computing and have some programming knowledge, but I took a year out last year, and my goodness there's a lot I've forgotten! And for some reason I am really holding back in Actinic as I don't want to muck anything up. Javascript is being taught this year, so maybe I should have held back and implemented the site next year instead.

Throughout my uni history I have found that the best way to learn is to play around , make mistakes and make a note of those mistakes, so that you don't make them again- and don't be afraid to ask questions when you need help! Why spend fruitless hours on something when someone out there already has the solution? Although it is a learning curve, that's for sure! Comments around any coding you insert is also crucial, if you have to backtrack you need to be able to pinpoint the location.

I haven't accessed the basket and checkout pages yet, but I'll no doubt come back to you on that one

Kind regards
            Karen
            Kind Regards
            Karen

Charmed Cards & Crafts

Comment

Well, back in my Uni days, (well, polytechnic to be precise), the only course open to us was computer science. PC's didn't even exist back then!!
              Computing has always been the same though - the only way to make anything work is to get it wrong several times first; that's why software used to have so many bugs in it!!

The Act_Primary I was playing with was a renamed copy of the original. I located the 'NETQUOTEVAR:BGCOLOR', and have tried replacing it with html for a background image - But it didn't work!!

If you've any idea's why it didn't work, I'm all ears - cos I've tried everything else!!

Which Uni were you attending anyway?
              still thinking of one...

Comment

In the Actinic settings, you can choose to use an image as background instead of a colour. Have a look at view | business settings, design | options, design | text etc on the menu along the top of the Actinic page.

Make a change there, preview your site to see what difference you have made, then play with another setting.

Keep going, it's fun learning - I hope never to stop.
                Bill
                www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

cheers wjcampbe - you're right of course; in that activity, there be answers for sure....
                  still thinking of one...

Comment

Yay!! - I did it!!

all that palying around paid off folks...

thanks to everybody for your help
                    still thinking of one...

Comment

Working...
                    X