Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hiding brochure pages

Hi all,

I want to include various additional pages (Tips & Techniques) which will initially be hidden from view- i.e. a main brochure page under which these additional pages reside (one page for each technique). The problem is that I don't want a separate link to each section on the front page, which happens when I create brochure pages, and I cannot see a way of doing it. Hiding the page defeats the object as the customer then is unable to access the page. Any ideas?

Also, how do I view the pages that are script based? i.e. the checkout and contact form pages etc, other than publishing the site. I have yet to host the site and don't want to do so until I am happy with my site.

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards
    Karen
    Kind Regards
    Karen

Charmed Cards & Crafts

How do you want the viewer to be able to view the page if not initially? If it is from within a section so the viewer has to first read a page and then click on the link then create a new page in a web editor (Frontpage, Dreamweaver, Notepad etc) and then insert the link into the product description or a fragment - that will keep the link off the homepage / navigation links.

To view the cart contents / checkout etc you can sign up for trial webspace with Actinic which lets you run a temporary shop for design / checking purposes.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks for the reply Joint. If I create the pages in another app, do I just import the pages into Actinic? Or do I upload them separately? I am linking to them from a custom built menu bar on the Home page.

TIA

Kind regards
      Karen
      Kind Regards
      Karen

Charmed Cards & Crafts

Comment

Upload them from the other App - I save all my seperate files in the Site1 of the site so everything is together and makes linking / finding much easier

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

So you save them to the site 1 folder, yet upload from the other app?

Kind regards
          karen
          Kind Regards
          Karen

Charmed Cards & Crafts

Comment

Actinic will upload extra custom pages for you if you include them in Advanced / Additional files.

They'll end up in the acatalog directory on your server so your hand-coded links should point to there.
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks guys

Karen
              Kind Regards
              Karen

Charmed Cards & Crafts

Comment

Working...
              X