Novice with design problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Novice with design problems

I've just started to trial v7 and can see how easy the process of adding products etc is. My problem is that I have an existing site http://www.purskincare.co.uk to which I would like to add the cart with the look and feel of my site (created in Dreamweaver). Problem is I don't know much about HTML and try as I might I can't figure out how to get my navigation bar, logo, etc onto the Actinic pages. I've read the help documents but they are a bit too broad for my ability. Any help or pointers out there would be very much appreciated.

Probably the best help for this is in the 'advanced user guide' where there's a section on integrating actinic into your own design.

This may or may not be in the V7 version, but it's definitely in the V6 advanced user guide and can be downloaded here: http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/downloads.htm?menu

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Linda
      You really need HTML(Dreamweaver) to get the most out of a look. How did you get that far without it. Look at the simple themes in the templates and see how they build up the page, convert your theme into that design and go from there. You can do a lot but it will take dreamweaver and time.
      Jenny
      Hanson Web Design
      www.hansonwebdesign.co.uk
      jenny@hansonwebdesign.co.uk
      Actinic hosting, Actinic Software, template design and re-design

Comment

Thanks for the link. I'll have a root through the info. I'm learning how to use Dreamweaver to cover some very basic stuff but it looks like I'm going to have to bite the bullet and pick up some HTML.

Comment

Dreamweaver is doing the html for you. It's the combination of actinic variables and dreamweaver that you will have to bite!
          Jenny
          Hanson Web Design
          www.hansonwebdesign.co.uk
          jenny@hansonwebdesign.co.uk
          Actinic hosting, Actinic Software, template design and re-design

Comment

Working...
          X