global increase in price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

global increase in price

I am looking for a way that i can increase all of our products by a certain percentage. This increase is not a tax increase but i am guessing that i can use the tax features of Actinic for this.

First of all, is this going to be possible? If it is, could somebody give me some advice on this?

thanks
    Alistair

---*edited*---
    Just had a wee search on the forum and found this relevant post
    <a href="http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=7648&">here</a>.

Which is the the best way to do this?
    ---*edited*---

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=13263

Comment

yeas, i noticed this post aswell, just to clarify, i should export the database to excel, run a formula to increase the prices, save and import back into actinic.

Does this sound ok?
      ps, it sounds easier when i say it like that

Comment

hello, i just thought of something, will prices in drop down boxes be affected by the increase? anyone?

Comment

The solution about the 'Products' table will only affect product prices, not component prices I'm afraid. Component prices are within the 'ProductProperties' table.

Permutations have a 'nType' of '8' and the prices are in the 'nValue1' column.
          Components have a 'nType' of '5' and the prices are in the 'nValue2' column.

Comment

Can you suggest a way that i can update all the prices in every location? I exported the site to a csv file and had a look in excell. It looked very jumbled up and i couldn't really see a way of selecting only the prices as it seemed to have prices and product descriptions in the same column.

To complicate things even more i realise that we have the prices put in as text in every drop-down box aswell.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Hi Alistair,

How are you with Excel, you could simply create a new column (ie Sorting number) and add fill the column with numbers. Now you could group up all "Product" together by sorting and change the prices here. Once you done this, then simply sort "Sorting Number" so it goes back to the original format and delete the Sorting Number column.

Kind Regards
              Nadeem Rasool
              SellerDeck Development

Comment

Global Price Increase

You have to do the following:

1. Export the data to an excel spreadsheet called OldPriceList.xls in a CSV format.
                2. Select the whole spreadsheet and select Data -> AutoFilter.
                3. On The Third Column select 'Product' only. This will filter the items to show only the products.
                4. Add a new column after the price field in column F.
                5. On the first line of G1 enter the following formula '=abs(f1*1.25)' The 1.25 represents a 25% increase, 20% would be 1.2 and 50% would be 1.5 an so on.
                6. Copy the formula to the rest of the cells in that column. The new prices should be in column G.
                7. Copy all of column G and click on F1. Right click on F1 and select 'Paste Special' and choose paste values.
                This will copy the result of the formula not the formula.
                8. Delete column G
                9. Remove the auto fileter by clicking DATA -> Autofilter
                10. Save As NewPriceList.xls
                11. Import NewPriceList.xls as an OVERWRITE not update of the previous data.
                12. Job Done.

If you have any problems you still have the complete OLD products and file structure in OldPriceList.xls
                Cheerio,
                Chris

Comment

We have a product about to go to beta that will make it easy to export and import pricing details, it also allows you to set cost prices and then rather cleverly tells you how much money you are making. Contact me if you would like more details of this.

Regards,
                  Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                  Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                  A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                  Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                  Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                  Multichannel order processing
                  Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Hi Chris,
                    I am trying to apply your technique to reduce product price but on third column I can't find the product option, it only appears on column one. I am using excel 2003.

Thanks
                    Akanjee
                    Universal Distribution

Comment

Akanjee,

The position of the column is relative, just tired it on a default store with Excel 2000 and with 2003 and all is fine. The results are the same.

Kind regards,
                      Bruce King
                      SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for your reply. I have managed to find and change the price column but when imported to catalog all products are missing. Well I am not worried about it, I have a snapshot but what have I done wrong? is it anything to do with mapping? any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
                        Akanjee
                        Universal Distribution

Comment

At last found the way of doing it and changed prices as I wanted. Thanks. Special thanks to Chris.

Akanjee
                          Akanjee
                          Universal Distribution

Comment

Working...
                          X