Loading Catalog to website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loading Catalog to website

I have loaded my catalog onto my website and it all works. When I try to load changes I have made it gets to sending catalog files (fulltext.fil) and stops with a message saying check permissions or low disc space. I have contacted Fasthosts and they say the site is fine and not low. I can view the catalog and no errors come up. I can snapshot the site and no errors come up. The web wizard check says no problems. What can be wrong?

Ask FastHosts to check your file permissions. These are documented in the Advanced Users Guide...

UNIX Servers

If the customer is running in normal mode, the minimum permissions required are:

'cgi-bin' directory

'acatalog' directory
    · The FTP user ID must have full permissions (7)
    · The effective user ID of the CGI scripts must have read/write permission
    · The effective user ID of the Web server must have read permissions. Depending on the set up, the permissions could be 700, 760, 764, 746, or 706. 700 and 760 are probably the most common.

If you encounter problems with permissions when trying to upload your store for the first time, try setting the permissions on the effective user ID of the web server to '777'. Once your store is uploaded, progressively tighten up the permissions on the web server to one of the settings recommended above, or until your store no longer functions.

NT Servers

NT Server will require 'read, write, execute, delete' permissions in the 'cgi-bin' and 'acatalog' directories for the FTP account user ID. The acatalog directory also requires the 'IUSER_<servername> internet guest' account to have access with 'read, write, execute, delete' permissions.

Actinic also requires NTFS file permissions for the CGI-BIN and acatalog directories within IIS of 'read and execute' for 'cgi-bin' and 'read, write, execute' for the 'acatalog' directory.
    If it is not possible to allow a Actinic user to have the above permissions on their website, then there is a workaround that involves the Actinic user manually generating the files.

Comment

Weird. We had one yesterday and one today of these. Both existing catalogs that have started playing up.

Wondering if it's an April fools joke by ISPs or by Actinic.

Allen

Comment

To Cdicken.

Thanks I will speak with Fasthosts and let you know how I get on.

Comment

To Allen,

Let me know if you find the anwser Fasthost don't see anything wrong.

Comment

Working...
          X