resizing pop-ups frustration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

resizing pop-ups frustration

Something that actinic would really benefit from is some kind of device that can preview the extended info pop-up and would let you resize the pop-up, then once resized save these dimensions into the database and go onto the next one.

Something like this would speed up the job of resizing your pop-ups dramatically and when your faced with the job of resizing 50,000 windows you wouldn't break down into tears at the thought of using the manual "trial and error" technique that i am using.

Has anybody got any tips for going through a lot of products and resizing the windows to fit an image and text of variable heights/widths?

Why not just create a Small, Medium, Large.

To be honest I would set it for the largest image width and reformat the popup table so if needed the user would have to scroll down. You could always resize all the images to be the same size
    Owner of a broken heart

Comment

that's a good idea but unfortunately i don't think it would suit our info pages very well as our pop-ups come in every shape and size under the sun

Comment

Thats what I was trying to say. Do the pop-ups need to be different sizes. If you could find some way to make all the widths the same then they would be consistent throughout the site.
        Owner of a broken heart

Comment

That would be a sensible approach! but i didn't create the majority of our catalogue, it was all there when i arrived. It just wouldn't work and would take too long as there are thousands of products.

Comment

There are several products out there that can resize images in a batch process.If you have a consistent naming sequence - otherwise it would mean creating a sub-dir with all the files to be resized and running a rename afterwards before copying back into your actinic directory.
            Bill
            www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
            Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
            BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
            Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
            VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
            Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

It would not take long to create a style for the pop-up then a quick download of a batch image resizer and bobs your uncle.

If you want to e-mail me direct or call on 01224 215916 I can maybe explain a bit better.
              Owner of a broken heart

Comment

thanks for your input! I belive batch resize would cause problems however because we have images that are tall and thin, short and fat, and everything inbetween. Maybe i could look into running a batch process that would match just the widths of every picture... But Also the text descriptions can vary from no text to a long description. I think it would be very hard to do this in our circumstances

Comment

Working...
                X