Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help With Themes

Hi all,
    I hope you can help me. I've been looking everywhere but I can't find tutorials on how to create custom themes for importing into Actinic v.7. I understand HTML and JavaScript etc, and have also been browsing the theme template files trying to work out how they are created.

If anyone can provide me with links to tutorials, or tell me a program/process, I would be VERY grateful.

Thanks in advance,

Stu

In your Program Files | Actinic v7 | StarterGuide folder, you should have a file DesignGuide.pdf, which should help you get started<grin>. If not, this is available for download on the actinic site.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Creating your own templates does not mean you have to start from scratch - select and apply a plain template (CSS preferable) and then go about chopping and changing the layout to meet your own needs - it is possible with a little HTML knowledge to adapt an existing basic template which will not be recognised as an Actinic template and fulfill your needs - take a look at some of the sites featured on the Actinic site and those done by some of the developers who post on this forum for what is possible.

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks for the help, but in the main program it has the option to 'import theme'. How do I make my theme importable?

Stu

Comment

Hi there

The "Import Theme" option is there, if you have created a client has created a design within Actinic and exported his site as a theme. So this first does require you to change the templates within Actinic for the store and export the site as a theme.

Kind Regards
          Nadeem Rasool
          SellerDeck Development

Comment

I think (but am not sure) that you can only create Themes in Developer. That capability isn't there in Catalog or Business.
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi there,

I can confirm this, sorry should have mentioned it previously. The ability to create or export themes is a developer option only. You cannot do this in Catalog or Business.

Kind Regards
              Nadeem Rasool
              SellerDeck Development

Comment

Thanks for the help. I will most probably be in touch again.

Stu

Comment

Working...
                X