Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dynamic searching

Hi,

I'm looking to extend the search funtionality in Actinic Business. Is it possible to have dynamic searching? By this i mean change the content of the dropdowns depending on preceeding choices.

For instance i am working on on a Sink & Tap suppllier e-commerce site. To simplfy the example i will just use "Sinks" and "Taps".

On the search page the initial dropdown will have two options "Sinks" & "Taps". Now, depending on which option you select is is possible to populate the following dropdown i.e. "Brand" dynamically? So if you select "Taps" you get under the "Brand" dropdown "tap brand 1", "tap brand 2", "tap brand 3" etc but if you select "Sinks" from the initial dropdown - under the "Brand dropdown" i need the relevant brands to be options "sink brand 1", "sink brand 2", "sink brand 3 etc

If anyone could help me out on this it woul dbe much appreciated. Also if you know that this is not possible in Actinic then i would accept that as an answer!

Cheers
    Randalldon

Hi there

This possibly could be achieved by using javascript within the search page, so the script looks at the value you selected, then builds the value for the other dropdown list. But you can't do this within Actinic from out of the box. You would need a javascript programmer to implement this for you.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

dynamic search box using javascript

I would like to understand more information on the website structure and where you plan to use the search by type + Brand interface. If you set up your Top level sections as Taps and Sinks and set up sub sections with the respective brands in each sub section then it is fairly easy to deploy a javascript that captures the section and sub section list respectively. This method would make maintenace of the search dynamic drop down list very simple and I beleive would meet your requirements. If you post more information that is specific to how you want to use this function on which pages you would liek this fucntion to work and how you plan to layout the products in your catalog I can give you a general estimate in time it would take to create a scripts for this purpose.

kind regards,
      Brian Johnson
      :::Sure Solutions Inc:::Professional Actinic templates from Buythisdesign.com:::
      1-732-528-7635 x203

Comment

Hi

I'm looking to extend the search funtionality in Actinic Business. Is it possible to have dynamic searching? By this i mean, change the content of the dropdowns depending on preceeding choices.

http://www.kjbeckett.com/acatalog/search.html

For instance if you select Cufflinks in the Product Type dropdown and then look in the materials dropdown - all the materials within all the products' custom properties appear. I would prefer only the choices that are connected to the any product with Cufflinks set as product type. And so on.

Paul
        KJ Beckett
        Men's Clothing & Accessories
        Cufflinks, Underwear, Ties, Grooming Products
        Bath, England
        Fast delivery to UK, USA and worldwide.
        Men's Fashion Blog

Comment

Paul,

As mentioned in both the above posts you will need the assistance of a javascript programmer to do this for you.

If one of the members can do this, please do post your comments here.

Kind regards,
          Bruce King
          SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
          X