Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merge Request Error

Hi

I'm getting a Merge Request error at the end of each upload to the server, though things were initially fine. I'm hosting the test site on Fasthosts' Linux servers, though the live site won't be hosted there. I've tried deleting the .cat and .fil files from the server and local copy, then refreshing the entire site, but to no avail. I've checkd the permissions and they're set to 777, so I'm not really sure what the problem is with this.

I've attached the rather beautiful error message for you to look at. It may shed more light on the problem.

Many thanks

Anthony
    Attached Files
    Anthony Deeming

Green Jersey Web Design Ltd
    www.greenjersey.com

I've resolved this now, thanks to anyone that took time to look.
    Anthony Deeming

www.greenjersey.com

Comment

Hi,
      How did you reslove the problem? I am getting "An error occurred while sending the merge request". Don't know what to do.
      Sellerdeck Business Plus 12.0.1.NBLA

Comment

Often compacting the database can resolve this issue

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

If it comes up a few times after each other, usually a 'site refresh is the only answer.
          Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Thanks, I didn't try compacting database but I did a site refrest and it worked fine. I couldn't find this in the knowledgebase.
            Sellerdeck Business Plus 12.0.1.NBLA

Comment

Apart from refresh or compact you can also try deleting the .fil and .cat files in the online and local version. I had a merge error in the past, when transferring a snapshot to another PC, and this worked for me. However, I must eat lots of humble pie as my paths were wrong to my CGI bin...though they worked fine in the past!
              Anthony Deeming

www.greenjersey.com

Comment

Working...
              X