Digital Download not working in version 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Digital Download not working in version 7

Hello. I was wondering if anybody could help me with a problem I am having with digital download files. I am using Actinic Catalogue (Audio Store) v.7.02

I have recently finished uploading my new web-store called Piano-Accompaniments.com, after a 50-hour upload (it contains around 2.2Gb of digital download files). I decided to try and make things as compatible as possible by asking Internetters (Actinic's Gold Partner) to host the site, and selecting Paypal as an PSP.

Before uploading to a remote server I had successfully created a demo web-server on my machine, using the excellent instructions supplied in the Actinic Advanced User's Guide. Uploading to this pseudo-server worked perfectly, I could purchase my digital download files using Paypal, and successfully download them using the links on the receipt page. Good.

However...
    After having eventually uploaded the store to Internetters (or Iomart as I think they are now called), using their Diamond hosting service with Windows NT server, the links to any purchased digital download files do not work.
    The catalogue exists and all the pages are as they should be, I can still link to Paypal and buy the downloadable goods, but then in the receipt page (and the receipt email) clicking on the links provides me with the delightful message:

Can't locate dd000001.pm in @INC (@INC contains: D:/Perl/lib D:/Perl/site/lib .) at d:\webs\********.com\html\cgi-bin\nph-dl000001.pl line 18. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at d:\webs\********.com\html\cgi-bin\nph-dl000001.pl line 18.

I have seen this issue described by people using v.6 of Actinic, and I have also attempted to rectify the situation by changing the nph-download.pl file to download.pl and this doesn't work.

Any help from users or support people would be very gratefully received, as I feel like I'm falling at the last hurdle of an 8 month race!

Thanks, Paul

not being funny - but if the process works on your local machine, and your have proved to yourself that Actinic does what you want it to, UNTIL you load it to your chosen web host... the problem OBVIOUSLY lies with the web host - you should make use of their support channel and get them to find out why it's not working as you expected.
    Web Design & Ecommerce - Affordable Web Hosting
    Free and low cost Merchant Accounts coming soon..
    NOD32 Antivirus - Reciprocal Links for Actinic Sites ONLY

Comment

I take your point webyourbusiness, and I am of course planning to ring their helpline when it re-opens.
      In the meantime I just wondered if any people had found similar problems using version 7 and found ways around it by re-configuring any Actinic settings etc. (for instance the nph-download.pl suggestion - although that doesn't work for me).

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by PA.com
        I take your point webyourbusiness, and I am of course planning to ring their helpline when it re-opens.
        In the meantime I just wondered if any people had found similar problems using version 7 and found ways around it by re-configuring any Actinic settings etc. (for instance the nph-download.pl suggestion - although that doesn't work for me).

Paul

for what it's worth - I think either the relevant file did not get loaded, or the server is misconfigured and the file can't be found...

Trouble is, my first recommendation would be a refresh - you have 2.2gb of data - that's a PAIN in the rear... sorry, I don't have any other suggestions...

Except... search the knowledgebase...

http://knowledge.actinic.com/users/kadmin/acatalog/

hth

Greg

Comment

Thanks webyourbusiness, I tried looking through the knowledgebase and various other posts here, and finally found the solution to the problem thanks to a nice chap called Brian Johnson.

It turns out what I have described is in fact a problem within Actinic, and the script file it generates within the site1 directory called nph-download.pl. Now instead of changing this file's name, I opened the file within notepad and changed the line
          " use NETQUOTEVAROWNLOADMODULE; " to
          " require NETQUOTEVAROWNLOADMODULE; "

This seemingly arbritary change was all that was wrong, and a further upload revealed the digital download module now worked perfectly.

I wonder if this is a latent bug in Actinic Audio Store v.7, as I understand this bug was fixed between versions 6 and 7 of Actinic Catalogue.

Cheers, Paul

Comment

glad it got fixed - AND it was simple enough and your end, so it could in fact be fixed!

btw - what is "Actinic Audio Store v7"?

ps - I was OBVIOUSLY ( ) wrong with my host conclusion - I am sorry about that... I'll have to look into this - I think it's a windows hosting issue though, as I've been using digital downloads here without issue... unix hosted though...

Comment

Actinic Audio Store is essentially Actinic Catalogue v.7 with the digital download module included, but sold as a separate product. There is a well-hidden link to Audio Store (www.actinicaudiostore.com) on the Actinic Home Page, but other than that it seems to be kept fairly esoteric! It's very good, perfect for anyone like myself who wishes to create a web-store to sell digital music files (or even graphics/pdf documents etc.)

I don't think there was any 'obvious' about it Greg, I was fairly convinced like yourself that it was a web-hosting problem. (I even wrote a gee-up email to the web-hosters, which I had to rather sheepishly retract afterward!) . Maybe the flaw in the script does reflect a subtle difference between NT and Unix hosting. I'll let Actinic support know in case it's something that needs to be changed in the download module of Audio Store.

But it just goes to show the tremendous depth of support and help on these forums that I managed to fix this without days of frustration and expensive helplines! I'll certainly keep checking back on these pages for future reference and to see if I can lend a hand to any Agitated Actinicers!

Cheers, Paul

Comment

I'd also check to see if the audio store has a 7.0.3 update like the rest!

regards

Greg

Comment

Working...
                X