Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CSV Import Error

Hello,

I am trying to import a csv of my catalog exported from V5 into V7 with the following error message.

There is an error in the first line of the file. I have tried comma, tab, windows and dos as export options from v5.

I have scoured the knowledge base and subsequently have moved a column with fields in every row to the last column in the csv file.
    Can anyone give me any guidance?

don't know v5 but it sounds like a field name error rather than an export format error to me, because the first line of the file is the name-mapping one... or is that too obvious and you've looked at it already?

hope this might help?

Anf
    Anf
    New Year - new YOU!
    (remove that cellulite before the summer comes - www.treatmentgels.co.uk)

Comment

Originally posted by SarahT
      Hello,

I am trying to import a csv of my catalog exported from V5 into V7 with the following error message.

There is an error in the first line of the file. I have tried comma, tab, windows and dos as export options from v5.

I have scoured the knowledge base and subsequently have moved a column with fields in every row to the last column in the csv file.
      Can anyone give me any guidance?
      Sarah,
      If you email the CSV file I will have a look. I have really gotten pretty good with the import routine. I have 4 stores running now, and have spent countless hours tweaking the CSV files to go to actinic.

Eagle
      Isaiah 40:31But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew [their] strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; [and] they shall walk, and not faint.

Comment

Hi Eagle. Have you any experience with hierarchical exports? See my post http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=13419
        Actinic support say it's a bug with fragments and so I need a work-around.
        In hope,

Anf
        Anf
        New Year - new YOU!
        (remove that cellulite before the summer comes - www.treatmentgels.co.uk)

Comment

Working...
        X