Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe Corrupted database?

Hello,

I have found that when I have done a site Refresh some product and section layouts are resorting to ones that I have edited previously and Actinic dosen't seem to be picking up all of the layouts etc that I have specified within the current Actinic 'Content'.

The only way around it has been to rename the layouts and then reselect the newly named files in Actinic and then Upload the site.

It seems to be affecting one major Product Section which always reverts back to layouts and images that I have done 2 weeks previously and several Brochure Layouts.

If it is a corrupted database, Actinic dosen't pick this up - i have done site backups, Purges and Compact Databases and all have worked fine and not picked up any errors. It is only when i do a local or FTP Refresh that all of the old files come back again.

It is fine to just upload the site as everything appears to upload correctly - but if I wish to update Actinic to another version or test locally then a site refresh is in order.

Has anyone come accross this one before?

Cheers

We are discussing this matter on others threads as it seems it's happening quite a lot at the moment.

Did you import a snapshot?
    Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Yes - have had to move Actinic to my laptop and have tried moving it using snapshots to a different machine with the same results.

It would definitly be an advantage for Actinic to get to the bottom of this - it is not much of a confidence booster having to go back on yourself to check every page in your site to find which ones have been affected and then never really being quite sure.

The irony is - if it is fixed with an upgrade we are probably going to have to Refresh the site for the upgrade to install properly.....

If anyone has any further questions for me on this one, please fire away...

Cheers

Leon

Comment

You'll be pleased to hear that we have got to the bottom of this, and there will be a solution in the next maintenance release.

Comment

No worries Chris - you are a life saver

do you know when this will be released?

Cheers

Leon

Comment

I'm afraid not. Until it is, you will need to check within the 'Site1' of a site you have just imported a snapshot into, and ensure that there are no rogue HTML pages within it. Act_*.html templates are OK - as is 'BrochureTestPage.html'. Nothing else should be there. Just sort the contents of the 'Site1' folder by 'Type' to check quickly.

Comment

I have done this and moved all other HTML files into a different folder and repointed them in Actinic, and everything appears to work OK at the moment.

The only problem is if I do a Site Snapshot I recieve about 50 errors along these lines - (File ExportFiles.cpp, Line 563) - The file C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Sites\USA\SPECIALS.html was not found System error 2 - The system cannot find the file specified.

All of the filenames indicated are old obselite HTML files that used to reside in the Site1 folder.

To remove the errors I could simply drag the old files back into the Site 1 folder but then I would be in the same boat again of having a mixed bunch of HTML files which caused the problem in the first place.

Any Ideas?

Or could you please take this into account when the fix is released.

Thankyou

Comment

It's worth checking that the files looked for aren't listed as additional files for uploading and aren't linked to from any where within the website.

Mike
                -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks Mike,

Thats the hard part - they are not listed as Additional files and many of the filenames are old template files ie Act_Primary_Workbooks.html etc that where discarded a long time ago.

My site http://www.schoolofcolor.com/ is built up on many templetes and HTML pages. As the error messages do not give a path from where the error originates I have been looking through every HTML page to look for a broken link somewhere.

In essence the error messages need to be much more detailed otherwise the larger your site grows - it becomes a needle in a haystack.

The end of the day I have all of the Templates and all of the HTML files needed to upload the website - as i do not recieve any Refresh or Upload errors. In essence this is all i need to know about not these other 50 files that have appeared out of nowhere with no information on where to find them.

Cheers

Leon

Comment

Another option might be to register an Actinic support email query here - http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/regster.htm - and the team can take a look at your snapshot for you and see if they can figure out what is causing the problem.

Comment

Will do Chris

cheers

Comment

Working...
                      X