Stock Monitoring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock Monitoring

I am new to Actinic and have just moved all my stock out of ebay to sell with an online store.
    The one thing that has really disapointed me is its inability as standard to prevent buyers buying more than I have in stock.
    I cant believe it would have been that difficult to have included a little tick box to tell the software to automatically set the max quantity field to the quantity in hand.

Lets have this in the next version please.

And yes I know Mole End do an add on to get round this but I should not have to pay another £70 for a basic function like this.

Hi Paul,

Actinic is an offline product, therefore it cannot do real time stock monitoring, as it does not upload a database. You can set a "Minimum" and "Maximum Quantity" for a product, simply go to the "Details" tab of the product.
    Actinic Stock monitoring works by downloading an order and then uploading.
    The only workaround I can think of is, if you had a windows scheduling software you could run a command line to tell Actinic to download and upload every hour or so. For further details on command line, please see "Help | Help Topic | Contents | Application Settings | Command Lines".

Lets have this in the next version please.
    At the moment we have no plans to implement real time stock monitoring in Version 8 I'm afraid. Possibly we will look into this on the version after.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi Nadeem,

Paul wasn't after real time stock monitoring (at least not directly). What he was thinking of was an option in Actinic that could be ticked so that everytime an update was made, actinic would set the maximum quantity to be the same value as the available stock.

Mike.

PS. Paul, If you have Business then you can link your products to an external database or spreasheet where this functionality can be easily defined.
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Hi Mike,

actinic would set the maximum quantity to be the same value as the available stock.
        Ahh i see, Thanks for clearing that, yes using external linking to an excel spreadsheet would be the best way to achieve this. However i will add this onto the wishlist, but i have not read/spoken to anyone else who has wanted this.

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Thanks for the reply
          I get a problem as the items are sett are all collectables games figures, most earlier sets are now unavailable so if actinic lets someone purchase more than I have I will need to refund them an apologise. That never goes down very well with customers eager to complete sets.
          I have been going through setting the max order quantities but if two people order the same items before I get a chance to update that field I get the same problem of over selling.
          its also a bind trying to remember to manually update the field. I have already put over 600 stock items on and will end up with several thousand when I am done.

Regards

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Nadeem
            ... but i have not read/spoken to anyone else who has wanted this.
            I, for one, would love this. For many of our products, we have 1 or 2 in stock. The inability to only allow peope to buy what's in stock seems a bit strange. Even setting the max to 0 (unlimited) and having back orders disabled still allows silly numbers to be entered.
            (A bit of a functionality issue there perhaps - surely it should only allow a max order of what's in stock if back ordering is disabled?)

As it stands, we have to monitor our stock based on online sales, and selling through other channels, and continuously update the max stock number based on the stock level.

As Paul mentioned (and Mike described), a checkbox would be perfect, allowing users to ensure that the max order number is the same as the stock level when uploading.

Thanks,

Ryan

Comment

Working...
            X