product comparison (database)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

product comparison (database)

which Access table in the actinic.mdb would i query to find out if a product attribute has been changed within a given timescale?

ProductProperties contains the attributes and choices but there's no journalling so the date/time something was altered isn't available.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

hi, thanks for the reply. The scenario is that we have a website, and a high street shop, (which stocks some of the same products). Every time we update the web site, the shop price must be changed accordingly. We need a facility to do this, as at the moment we are changing approximately 100 items a day. I thought if I could list all the products that have been changed for a date range in access, this would be a quick fix. Do you know if a flag is set somewhere, when changes are made to the product table?

Regards

Comment

You would think it must be flagged somewhere so Actinic knows what to send when doing a site 'update'. I don't know where this is stored though.

I would do this in Excel by keeping a spreadsheet of the previous price settings and then running a macro to:

- load the new prices,
        - compare with the previous ones
        - print out any differences
        - then set the 'previous' prices equal the current prices

You can do the same thing in Access, but I find spreadsheets easier to work with.

Mike

PS. This would all be done directly from the actinic database doing the query from within excel.
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

another way is to use a spreadsheet as your import to actinic.

Just use product ref and price.

change prices in actinic using the spreadsheet. Print the spreadsheet in the shop to change prices

Comment

Originally posted by achisholm
            which Access table in the actinic.mdb would i query to find out if a product attribute has been changed within a given timescale?
            The answer is the Product table. Field 4 has the number of updates, field 5 has the last update date/time. If you would like a copy of the all Access table contents and fields, I have a complete one that Support sent me in Word format. (With the caveat that they take no responsibility if I alter anything!!!)

Anthea
            Anf
            New Year - new YOU!
            (remove that cellulite before the summer comes - www.treatmentgels.co.uk)

Comment

Hi, thanks for your response. Could you send me the complete schema.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Comment

Hi Alistair,

Please email communityadmin [@] actinic.co.uk, if you wish to have the database dictionary. Please mark my name in the Subject line of the email.

Kind Regards
                Nadeem Rasool
                SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
                X