Long shot but....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long shot but....

I am trying generate a single page displaying a particular customers details ie: previous purchases, I would like to do this automatically when I log in as that user? Or so that a user login into the site could see their previous purchases. I know that the customer has the option to save cart, but I am wondering if anyone has any ideas of improving this functionality, preferably not dependent on cookies.
    TIA

Graham Gunn

PS: I said it was a long shot;-)

It won't be possible in Actinic.

All you could possibly do is export order details from Actinic into an SQL database. This database could then be queried online by a custom-written 'Show Previous Orders' page.

Hope this gives you a place to start.

Comment

I have looked into the feasability of this. I can create the mySQl DB, and then read the info in from and actinic page. So far so good.

The problem I'm having is identifying the logged in user and passing that info to my (php) code that reads the DB.

For example - Let's say I have a customer with an account, and his account login name is 'BillyBob'. I have his complete order history in the mySQL DB.

From my test actinic page I can call my code my_DisplayOrderInfo('BillyBob'), and it will display BillyBobs orders in actinic.

That works fine when I hard code it in my testing - but what I obviously need to do in a live situation is have the customers name in a variable, like so - my_DisplayOrderInfo(USERNAME). So what I need, in order to proceed, is a way of figuring out who the logged in user is and passing that information to my code as a variable.

As all pages seem to go through the bb000001.pl script when logged in I assume there must be some way of getting the username from that - But how do I it???
      John

Comment

Working...
      X