a silly question... contact us button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a silly question... contact us button

It's driving me potty - somehow I have lost (or never created?) a link to the "contact us" form when on the product pages. The button on the brochure page takes me to the "contact us" fragment (which doesn't have the form in - did I remove it?), but the product page one doesn't go anywhere.
    I can't even see where the button has come from...

Please help! I know I shouldn't have had a holiday...

anf
    Anf
    New Year - new YOU!
    (remove that cellulite before the summer comes - www.treatmentgels.co.uk)

Hi there

Go to "Design | Option | Navigation" and make sure "Send Mail" description and images are filled in. Also make sure in "View | Business Settings | Company/Contact", there is an email address filled in here.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

All filled in. The brochure button goes to the brochure page called Contact Us, the product one to the form which I now understand I cannot access until I go "live". How do I make both buttons do the same? I know it's probably really basic, but I'm suffering from new learning/information overload...

Anthea
      Anf
      New Year - new YOU!

Comment

Hi there

Ahh, okay what you need to do is embed html within your fragment, so what you could do is in your fragment, type in

!!<
        If you wish to contact us, please click <a href="contactus.html">here</a>
        >!!
        The !!< and >>! are tags which tell Actinic that the following is HTML. All you are doing here, is giving the client the ability, that if they click on the link, it will go to the contact us page.

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Thanks Nadeem. It's easy when you know how!!!

Anf
          Anf
          New Year - new YOU!

Comment

I've just realised - that doesn't give me the email form. What do I need to type in to get that form? I know I can't actually test it until I upload to a server...
            Anf
            New Year - new YOU!

Comment

Hi Anthea,

Sorry, the link should be the following, however you cannot see this working until you upload to your own store. So it will not show even show the form on our trial server.

!!<
              If you wish to contact us, please click <a href="http://www.domain.co.uk/cgi-bin/mf000001.pl?ACTION=SHOWFORM">here</a>
              >!!
              Where www.domain.co.uk is your own site you upload to.

Kind Regards
              Nadeem Rasool
              SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi there

That is great but what controls which email address is being used ?
                I have asked this before but got no replies. I would like the recieving email address to be different from that stated in Business Settings as we are trying to spead the work load over several machines, so enquires that come in via the form are handled by someone else.

Can I get the form to send to a different email address ?

Cheers
                Jez

Comment

Anthea,

Looking at this thread http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=13498
                  may help you.

If you can add something as indicated in that thread and then set a message rule on your mail server or receipt program.
                  Bill
                  www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                  Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                  BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                  Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                  VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                  Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
                  X