Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom FORM

Hi

I need to paste ("between !!< ... >!!") a custom HTML FORM that calculates values using java script in the HEADER section. But each time I add the code to the HEADER section it is lost. How can I add the java script to the template without it disappearing.

TIA, Simon

You've not said where on your site you want this FORM to be.

Generally:-

Put your JavaScript into Act_Primary.html, somewhere above the </head> tag.

Also, note that nearly every Actinic page is already within <FORM..> ... </FORM> tags and you cannot nest FORMs so you'll have to take this into account.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Norman - if I understand you correctly, users need to issue a </FORM> before any new code and a <FORM> after any new code to allow the standard actinic stuff to flow round anything new - is that right?
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

That will probably break any products (or whatever) that follow. The FORM tags need a lot of other info in them (ACTION, METHOD, etc).

It's best to look at a generated pages source and searching for FORM to see what happens.

I'd need to know where you want this form to go and what it looks like to help further.

Comment

Thanks. The FORM is on a Brochure Fragment, and is the only FORM on the page. I've added the HEADER information to act_primary.html as advised. The HEADER information includeds a STYLE section. When I upload the site and test the page neither the javascript or styles are read. When I view source of the live page, the HEADER information I added to act_primary.html does not exist.

The FORM and HEADER information can be viewed at www.gaia-answers.com. This is a working assimilation of an Astrological model that I would like to integrate into Actinic.

Is there annther file where I should add the HEADER other than alt_primary.html??

TIA, Simon

Comment

Brochure pages usually use Act_BrochurePrimary.html. You didn't tell us you were working on brochure until now.

Comment

Many thanks. I didn't realise the significance until your reply hinted the pages worked differently. I'm really impressed with this product and with this Forum. Thanks...

Simon

Comment

Great Success, it works. Drinks all around, I think!!

Comment

Working...
                X