Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding to template

Hi
    I have been trying without luck to add an item for the last couple of days, and hope someone can help.
    We subscribe to LiveChat on our mainwebsite Tranquil PC and I wanted to include this on our shop website which I am trying to customise. I am using notepad and dreamweaver. I have inserted the code in the act_primary template and also on one of the product pages but I cannot see it.
    Do I have to input place markers or something?
    Thanks for any help
    Sue

Hi Sue,

when you say you cannot see it does that mean the code or the image to click to live chat? I see from the existing site the image is being drawn from a folder outside the actalog root - this will not show the image in preview mode - if this is the case copy the icon into the Site1 directory and you should be able to preview.

Do you have a URL for the catalog site?

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Hi
      thanks for replying
      Shop is at - www.tranquilpc-shop.co.uk
      The image files are with all the other image files.
      I have to say that i am struggling to customise the template - I hope that soon it will all fall into place.

Sue

Comment

Hi Sue,

taking a look at the source code on the main site and on the e-commerce site I can't see the Javascript in the e-commerce that features just above the <body> tag in the main site - have you added this to the Act_Primary?

Bikster

Comment

Hi Jont
          the javascript you are talking about above the body is a code to see which page you are on - it has nothing to do with the chat icon.
          I add the correct code to the act_primary - maybe i haven't added it properly. I edited it in Dreamweaver - i inserted a table on the righthand side under the blue box and i put the code into the box. This looks fine in dreaweaver, but maybe there are some tags i have to add?

Sue

Comment

Hi Jont or anyone else
            I still cannot find out to get this html to show up. I have added it to act_primary and i also tried adding to one of the brochure pages - i can see it in dreamweaver but when i publish up it is not there. Is there some sort of tag i need to add around the html?
            Sue

Comment

Just tried this. I found the chat invitation to the right of your logo centered in the header. Clicked it, window opened. I put my name in and hit send - IE threw an exception and the chat window closed.
              Bill
              www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
              Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
              BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
              Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
              VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
              Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Hi Bill
                Yes we saw you but i think you came on our main website www.tranquilpc.co.uk - not the shop which is www.tranquilpc-shop.co.uk.
                Not sure why you were not able to chat as we have had no problems with this in the past.
                do I have to add a CUSTOMVAR or something

Comment

I don't know enough to advise you, but I would expect the same code that works on your main site to work in the shop site.

When I examine the source in the shop site, there is no sign of the code. Dis you copy and paste using notepad? If yes, did you remember to change the file type to "all files" before you saved from notepad? If you did not, you will find an Act_Primary.html.txt file in your site 1 directory. Open, save as, change to all files and get rid of the extra .txt extension, then upload to your site and I will try it out.
                  Bill
                  www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                  Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                  BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                  Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                  VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                  Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

hi bill
                    Yes i did save it correctly - it did not have the .txt extension.
                    I am just trying to add it again using a CUSTOMVAR - then i will see if this works

Comment

We're using BoldChat and the only way we could get it to work was by using a CUSTOMVAR in the templates. Works fine, no probs.

HTH
                      www.eyewear2gogo.com - designer sunglasses at discount prices
                      www.solarequip.co.uk - solar products at discount prices!
                      www.stuff2gogo.com - great stuff - great prices

Comment

Hi Sue - little off thread but just to let you know saw a very good review for your products in this months PC Utilities magazine

Bikster

Comment

Thanks Jont . I have not seen this review - we don't always get to know who is covering us so I will go out and buy a copy
                          BTW - I have last sorted out my live chat for the shop website - everything has at last fallen into place and I hope that I can now change a few things and add the chat facility over the next day or so.
                          Thanks to everyone who replied.

Comment

If you don't secure a copy let me know and I will sent a copy to you

Bikster

Comment

Working...
                            X