Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attributes and Choices

!

I have a designs for T Shirts which will go onto a choice of T shirt styles. For each of these styles there are a number of colours which are appropriate for the design. (they are not the same for each style). Finally the customer chooses the size they require. (these can be the same....although sone styles come in one size only and other terminological variants)

Ideally I don't want to have a attribute drop down that reads

Fruit of the Loom Crew Neck T Shirt in White
    Fruit of the Loom Contrast V-Neck 3/4 Sleeve Length Baseball white body / pink sleeves

etc etc.

Ideally customer chooses first style, that then displays the choices available for that style.....and another drop down for the size.

Don't really want to set up seperate products for each style/design either.

Any help much apreciated.

john....the very simple Actinic site builder!

I do not know any way to do this I'm afraid John.

All you can do is

1) Have separate T-shirts for each available style and then only have the appropriate colours and sizes for those styles - but you have said you did not want to do that.

2) Create a generic T-Shirt product, then create a component called 'Selection'. Within the component, create attributes and choices for all available sizes and colours. You can then double-click on the component, go to the 'Permutations' tab, click 'Fill List' and untick 'Valid' for all the permutations which are not possible. This does not change the drop-down display, but it will display a message to a customer if they try and enter an invalid selection.

Personally, speaking, as a customer I would want to see a picture of the style, and then select my size and colour. I would not want to select my style from a drop-down - but maybe that is just me.

Comment

Chris,

thanks for that...I have indeed put the designs into a new section and then created new products for each style appropriate to the design. This allows a picture (as you say) and for me to show all available sizes and colours.

Regards

John

Comment

Working...
      X