Free UK mainland shipping only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free UK mainland shipping only

I need to set up more complex shipping charges. Currently we have just a flat £4.95 per order to the UK mainland only.

These are all including VAT prices.

UK Mainland - £4.95 (order value below £250)
    UK Mainland - FREE (order value above £250)

All other set zone prices regardless of value;

Scottish Highlands - £9.95
    Northern Ireland - £14.95
    Isle of Wight - £14.95
    Isle of Man - £14.95
    Isles of Scilly - £14.95
    Jersey - £14.95
    Guernsey - £14.95

Thanks in advance.

John
    www.homecreations.co.uk - www.wastedisposershop.com - www.wastemaidshop.co.uk -

use shipping by weight and zones

set the weight to 0.1 for all products

in the shipping tables set up your zones and use the weight 99999. Now all orders that weigh less than 99999 will fall into the price range

Comment

I'm wondering if this solution ever worked for John. I'm experimenting with a similar problem but can't see how you can cover all the combinations.

If you have different charges for each zone, I don't think you can offer free delivery to just one of your zones where the order value is greater than, say, £250. It seems if you offer free delivery over £250, it will apply to all zones.

Am I wrong or are the combinations quite restricted?

I wonder how one ever sets up to do business abroad ! It must be a nightmare working out the shipping combinations.
      Richard
      www.worldofenvelopes.com

Comment

In the above are you setting up each of the areas IOM, IOW, Jersey etc as new and unique zones? Thereby you can add in a single class of delivery and set the shipping charges against each zone accordingly

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Yes I am and I follow what you say but, if you do that, how can you set it so that mainland uk is free shipping over £250 but the others are not free over £250??
          Richard
          www.worldofenvelopes.com

Comment

Hi,

If your shipping calculation basis is by 'Value' then you can put a row in the class table(s) for the UK Mainland for Value=£250.00 Cost=£0.00. If you use any other calculation basis then you cannot do what you want it to do.
            Tracey
            SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
            X