X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Index page meta tags

Hi hopefully 3 simple questions.....

How do I add to meta names on the index page of my site paperman
    I have added a few extra meta names such as <meta name="distribution" content="GLOBAL"><meta name="revisit-after" content="15 Days"><meta name="robots" content="ALL"><meta name="rating" content="SAFE FOR KIDS"> and these are showing up on everypage except my index page.

I would also like to have the site map on the index page again it appears on all the other pages ie other paperman page but not on the index page.

Finaly i would like to add the footer that i have on all my other pages to appear on the index page.

would be greatful for any insight you can offer.
    //four foot and clean// multimedia design and interactive video//

<meta name="robots" content="ALL"> You do not need to use variations of the meta robots tag to help your pages get indexed. They are unnecessary. By default, a crawler will try to index all your web pages and will try to follow links from one page to another. Create a robots.txt instead

<meta name="revisit-after" content="15 Days"> This tag is not recognized by the major search engines as a method of telling them how often to automatically return. They have never supported it.

<meta name="distribution" content="GLOBAL"><meta name="rating" content="SAFE FOR KIDS"> These mean nothing to web-wide crawlers such as Google.

Overall, just remember this. Of all the meta tags you may see out there:

Meta Robots: This tag enjoys full support, but you only need it if you DO NOT want your pages indexed.

Meta Description: This tag enjoys much support, and it is well worth using.

Meta Keywords: This tag is only supported by some major crawlers and probably isn't worth the time to implement.

Meta Everything Else: Any other meta tag you see is ignored by the major crawlers, though they may be used by specialized search engines.

Comment

Hi thanks for that issue being cleared up .
      Does any one have any suggestions on the other issues?

Comment

Hi there

I would also like to have the site map on the index page again it appears on all the other pages ie other paperman page but not on the index page
        I would simply edit the "Act_Primary.html" and would simply hardcode the link to the sitemap here, so it will go to all the pages.

Finaly i would like to add the footer that i have on all my other pages to appear on the index page.
        In your "Act_Primary.html", place in towards the bottom "NETQUOTEVAR:FOOTER".

Please try this.

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

I'm not sure if Nadeem has given you the correct answer (Sorry Nadeem!!)

I think you need to hard code the sitemap link into ACT_BROCHURE_PRIMARY.

I don't think you can add NETQUOTEVAR:FOOTER to ACT_BROCHURE_PRIMARY.

Basically ACT_BROCHURE_PRIMARY controls the index page ie the page you enter the site on.

ACT_PRIMARY controls acatalog/index and all other catalog pages

Comment

Hi Jo,

No worries, sorry i was looking at the link provided by David which was: http://www.paperman.co.uk/acatalog/index.html on his sitemap question. Anyway if its the brochure page you want to add the information, then yes, what Jo has written is correct.

Kind Regards
            Nadeem Rasool
            SellerDeck Development

Comment

excellent thanks for all the help and i will see if this works later today.

Comment

Hi to get the site map to appear next to the menu on my index page would I hard code it on next to "NETQUOTEVAR:HEADERGUIDE" within my html editing package or in the cells bellow that?

Comment

Hi David,

I would say put it next to it, rather than the cell below. HEADERGUIDE shows the navigation.

Kind Regards
                  Nadeem Rasool
                  SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
                  X