PSP Pre-authorised Orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSP Pre-authorised Orders

One of the many anti-fraud measures offererd by payment service providers is the ability to pre-authorise transactions.

Can anyone tell me:

1. Is there anything I need to do with my Actinic site to enable it to handle pre-authorised PSP transactions or is this sometthing that just needs to be set up with the PSP (protx in this case)?

2. How do the order management features allow me to distinguish between PSP transaction which have been fully paid and those that have only been pre-authorised?

Many thanks,

Steve
    Steve Ashdown

We've just applied to Protx [on behalf of a client's site] and pre-authorisation is an additional free option you can choose to have. There are a couple of other free options as well.

Regarding your second question - can't answer that yet, as we haven't configured the client's site. That's on the to-do list for the weekend and this is the first site we've done using Protx

HTH
    Regards, Sharon
    www.eyewear2gogo.com - designer sunglasses at discount prices
    www.solarequip.co.uk - solar products at discount prices!
    www.stuff2gogo.com - great stuff - great prices

Comment

Sharon,

Thanks for that I will br very keen to learn what your experience is this weekend!

My expectation is that Actinic should give some indication on the order summary that a transaction has been pre-authorised and therefore needs manual checking and then cancellation or processing but as yet I have not heard back from actinic support about this ????

Also do you know if you can set up rules with Protx which allow you to dicate when a transaction should be pre-authorised or when it should be processed completely e.g. transactions > £150 should always be pre-authorised and any other should be processed as normal.

Regards,

Steve
      Steve Ashdown

Comment

With protx you only have one option to use pre-authorise or take imediate payment

You cannot select a level after which you want to pre-authorise

Your money is not safer with pre-authorise it just means the banks has aproved the card details, I use protx with Cardnet and still get payment refused if the customers account is out of money when I go into protx to get the money on goods dispatch

The advantage of pre authorised is that it complies with the distant selling regs in that payment should not be taken untill dispatch of goods

Protx will email you with details of how to set up actinic to Pre Auth which takes about 30 seconds.

Like most things in banking the description is missleading, we imagine pre-authorised to mean the transaction is secure but they mean they have checked the card and its ok at that point in time
        Hope this helps
        Chris Ashdown

Comment

Working...
        X