Cart table on all pages.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cart table on all pages.

Is there anyway for a summary of the cart contents to be displayed on every page?

I ceurrently have a small table below my menu which displays the number of items in the cart, and their total value. I would also like to display a small summary, just the name of the product, the quantity, and the price.

Is there some way I can do this? I am sure it has been done before. If you need an example, look at http://www.ebuyer.com. Add some items to the cart, and see how they are displayed on the right hand side.

Dougal.

Hi Dougal,

I'm afraid this is not possible to do in the current version of Actinic. For this to work, the javascript would need to look into the session file and interrogate the following:

Code:
    	<ShoppingCart>
    		<Product Reference="s2" Name="Calculator" SID="2">
    			<Quantity>1</Quantity>
    			<QDQualify>1</QDQualify>
    		</Product>
    	</ShoppingCart>
    The above justs shows a calculator product in the session file. If there is anyone on the forum, who can do this, then please feel free on commenting to this thread.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hmm. I'm sure thsi could be coded. I'll look into it and see what I can produce. I'm sure that it isn't only me that would want this feature.

Dougal.

Comment

I looked at doing this.

You can get 90% of the way by adding JavaScript to Act_ShoppingCartXML.html that empties a list and then picks out the names, costs and quantities, as products are shown in the cart and finally stores it in a cookie. A bit of JavaScript in Act_Primary.html then interrogates this cookie, splits it into items and displays the list.

This seems to work well enough to get a reasonable summary on the rest of the site, that reflects what was last displayed in the Cart.

Where if falls down, however, is if someone ticks some "Remove" buttons and then chooses "Continue". In this case items are removed silently as no summary is displayed beforen you return to the product pages. Now the summary contains items that were just deleted. It will fix itself when the Cart is next viewed but that's no use.

The Update button works fine as the cart is redisplayed and the cookie gets updated each time correctly.

Looks like it's back to the drawingboard and into the Perl.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
        X