Prices inc tax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prices inc tax

We run a paper mail order catalogue and have also recently set it up in Actinic Catalog 6.0.2. Most of our customers are end users, therefore all our prices displayed are inclusive of VAT.

Take, for example, our item 420030. We sell it at £6.95 – a nice round figure. Working this back to ex-VAT (div by 1.175), it costs £5.91. Multiply this up and you get a price in Catalog of £6.94 – one penny difference.

This looks very odd when the customer gets the invoice from us (we input orders into our own order & stock control system) as we either have to adjust the P&P by a few pennies, or charge them a couple of pence more (or less).

Anyone got any suggestions (other than changing around 1/4 of the 2000 odd items in our next paper catalogue?)

Thanks

Mark Rogers

If you got to View|Business Settings|Tax and set the Tax setting as Round Item Up that should work
    Fitness for life!www.fitness-focus.co.uk

DIFN - Doing nothing is not an option

The Supplement Warehouse - Bodybuilding & Fitness Supplements

Comment

Fine, but if I take £7.00, work out the ex VAT & then RoundUp, I get £7.01!

There are some numbers which you can not get if you multiply the exVAT by 1.175 - you either get 1p lower or 1 p higher

I did talk to Actinic about this, who referred me here to see if anyone had a work around.

What would be ideal would be to import the inclusive of tax figure into Actinic & let it work out the exVAT

Mark

Comment

Seconded.
        http://www.ihavetohave.it

Comment

Put me on the list too!
          florian@between.co.uk
          www.between.co.uk

Comment

I'm pleased to say that this will be in the next major release.

Comment

Great news Chris!
              florian@between.co.uk
              www.between.co.uk

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

VAT Rounding

Chris,

Have there been any developments on this?

I have 6.1.5 but cannot see this facility - have I missed something?
                  Niall
                  www.highlandclans.co.uk

Comment

You haven't missed anything. We were planning it for v7, and we fully specified it and then realised that it would take a vast amount of effort to do - and we wanted to get v7 out at some point in 2004.

It is top of my list for proposed features for the next release, but I can never provide any guarantee about future features until I see them working and finished.

Comment

The simple things ...

Chris,

As a developer my experience is that the most impossible demand turns out to be simple and the really simple turn out to be nightmares.
                      Niall
                      www.highlandclans.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                      X