Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic hanging up!

Hi everyone

Just had a big problem. Updating my site now just constantly hangs Actinic with a 'not responding'. It started during the 'sending catalog files' but now hangs while sending the base files. As a result my store is now not accessable beyond the front page.

I've tried the usual restarting etc. but to no avail. Has anyone had anything like this happen. Should I reinstall?

I've not upgraded to the newest patch yet but the shop's been running fine since before Xmas!

Arrrrgg!

Sue
    www.dinkybox.com
    sigpic dinkybox - super groovy toys and collectables from around the world.

Hi Sue
    As a first step I'd contact your host and check that there is no problem with the server.
    If the server is down that will prevent any uploads you are trying to perform.
    Tell them that you are using Actinic and can't FTP and ask if they know of any problems.
    Martin

Comment

Hi Martin

It looks like it is a server problem as, after a while, Actinic comes back to life with an error report.

I'll be onto them. Very annoying - happening on a Sunday afternoon!

Sue
      sigpic dinkybox - super groovy toys and collectables from around the world.

Comment

I'd first make sure you have enhanced ftp enabled - then enter the ftp options and turn on the retries - perhaps increase the timeouts by a factor of two.

Then - if you still have it failing, traceroute your host and see if there is anything obvious between you and the host.. once you have an idea where the problem is, you can come up with a plan of action to fix it - ie, contact the host, your ISP or if it's not on either your source/destination network - pray for it to resolve...
        Web Design & Ecommerce - Affordable Web Hosting
        Free and low cost Merchant Accounts coming soon..
        NOD32 Antivirus - Reciprocal Links for Actinic Sites ONLY

Comment

Working...
        X