External Database Links in Actinic Business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

External Database Links in Actinic Business

Hi All - I hope this is the correct place to post this.
    I have a client who will be shortly using actinic. He requires to use an external table (Access or Excel) to hold product records with just three or four fields (e.g. product ref, description, stock level)
    His catalogue may have products in alot of sections and subsections. My question is:
    (a) If a new product is added in some subsection in the catalogue - will this just appear as a record in the external table?
    (b) What about the other way round - if a product (just prod ref, decription and stock) is added to the external table - does this appear in the catalogue an if so where?

(a) If a new product is added in some subsection in the catalogue - will this just appear as a record in the external table?
    No, it will have to be added to the external table manually.

(b) What about the other way round - if a product (just prod ref, decription and stock) is added to the external table - does this appear in the catalogue an if so where?
    It will appear, in a new section called unlinked external products at the bottom of the catalog tree, unless it has the same reference as one of the fields already linked in which case it will be linked automatically to that product (so long as you ticked the always link option on the linking dialog in Actinic when you set up the link).

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
    X